Iphone 3GS 05.13.04 IOS4 No Cydia

ricky_hall

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Hi All

ok - have attempted to upgrade to ios4 using both Redsn0w and pwnage 4.01.

All goes fine and can get to spring board and have activated ok.

However, after numerous attempts I cannot get Cydia on the springboard to unlock for any carrier. Have ticked and unticked the install Cydia option but with no success.

Using latest Itunes and on baseband 05.13.04 and Mac OS X 10.

Am I stuck until for time being until a new JB comes out or am I doing something stupid here:confused::confused:

Cheers

white573

Sep 7, 2009
Visit site
I'm not a hundred percent on this and don't use mac via jb but....I was under the impression that the 3gs wasn't able to jb on 4.0 yet

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Taken from the Dev-Team
Important
If you have a iPhone 3GS made before week 40 (2009) currently you can perform a jailbreak using and pwnagetool. The week number is usually the 4th and 5th digit of the serial number. Devices made after week 40 cannot jailbreak iOS 4.0 yet.

Check
iClarified - Unlock Wizard for iPhone

Jailbreak iOS 4 with PwnageTool 4.0 / 4.01 [How to Guide] | Redmond Pie

you have Cydia so you are obviously JBen so try this

Unlock 05.13.04 / 05.12.01 Baseband on iPhone 3GS 3G, iOS 4 with ultrasn0w 0.93 | Redmond Pie

Start ?Cydia? on your iPhone.

Touch on ?Manage? tab on the bottom.

Now touch on ?Sources? as seen in the screenshot below:

Touch on ?Edit? and then on ?Add?. You will be prompted to enter a url source . Type ?in the link? and touch on ?Add Source?.

Cydia will now automatically update your sources by following a series of automated steps.

After installation is completed. Search for ?ultrasn0w 0.92? in Cydia and install this application. This app will automatically unlock your iPhone 3GS so that you can use it with any carrier.

Step 3: Now simply restart your iPhone and voila! you should now have a fully unlocked iPhone 3GS, on iOS 4.

PS

So the answer would be "you're doing something stupid" :p Just kidding man I couldn't resist that you left yourself wide open ;)

PSS
Read somewhere that if you plan to use the phone with T-Mo make sure you disable 3G since the phone doesn't work with their 3G.

Last edited: