Help please

Braduz

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I recently updated my ipod to 2g(4.0) and I cant jailbreak it, when i try to set it into dfu mode it just sends the ipod into recovery mode, I realy need help and Im starting to get annoyed, I recently jailbroke it with spirit but now spirit wont jailbreak it :mad::mad:

Braduz

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
ugh, My ipod touch wont go into dfh mode (or w/e its called)
and its realy annoying, I have tried it lots of times, but it just comes on normally then goes into recover mode and I have to reset it to factory settings then resync all my freaking stuff :mad:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
hold the power button down then slide to turn off the phone. Once the phone is off hold down the home button and plug the USB cable into the phone. Keep holding the home button down until you see the globe itunes image.

Braduz

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
hold the power button down then slide to turn off the phone. Once the phone is off hold down the home button and plug the USB cable into the phone. Keep holding the home button down until you see the globe itunes image.

Now its showing an usb cable pointing to itunes on my ipod touch, its starting to get annoying no globe itunes image came up :(

smiiith

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I am having same problem.....i have itunes logo on iphone...then get message on computer The iphone software update server could not be contacted????

smiiith

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
now i have statement from itunes on computer stating The iphone could not be restored This device isnt eligible for the requested build.??

white573

Sep 7, 2009
Visit site
It's a forced recovery mode when the phone is off and u hold down the home button and plug in the USB it is not the same as dfu mode and also not the same as recovery it's forced restore once u do that u have to update apple doesn't signed old ipsw anymore u will the have to get your shsh and go that route there r plenty of posts on that process

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
iClarified - iPhone - How to Put an iPhone Into DFU Mode

No, the screen should remain black when you are in DFU mode. Recovery mode is when you see the iTunes logo on the iPhone.

So sorry big9erfan is correct do this, make sure you use an Apple cable. I was trying to get into DFU mode using my Griffen and it wouldn't work I got my friend's Apple cable worked the first time.

Turn off your device then hold the power button and count to 3 then hold both power and home and count to 8 release the power button and keep holding the home button the screen will be black but keep holding it and count to 23.

I'm sorry it sound like a crazy ritual but that is the instructions on Redsn0w :D

Braduz

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I followed the dfu video, it just set it into recovery mode and I dident get a popup, I have tried loads of ways and realy sick of it :mad:

Last edited:

Braduz

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
So sorry big9erfan is correct do this, make sure you use an Apple cable. I was trying to get into DFU mode using my Griffen and it wouldn't work I got my friend's Apple cable worked the first time.

Turn off your device then hold the power button and count to 3 then hold both power and home and count to 8 release the power button and keep holding the home button the screen will be black but keep holding it and count to 23.

I'm sorry it sound like a crazy ritual but that is the instructions on Redsn0w :D
as soon as I held the power button it just came back on :(

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2