Jailbreak broke :-(

sharpcroft

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Quick question,
My spirit jailbroke 3.1.3 iphone 16gb 3gs died.
I think it had something to do with aptbackup, the app that backsup jailbroken apps.
Anyway, it would not restore so its gone back to O2 who tell me they will prob reflash/replace it.
When i get it back im gonna hold off with the jailbreak until os4 is "sorted" so the question is as i had aptbackup installed, when i connect to itunes again will it try and reinstall the jailbreak apps?
Is there a way of deleting the backup that is stored deep inside itunes so i can start a fresh and only re-install the apps that itunes knows i purchased thru legitimate channels when i log back into my itunes store account?

Thanks,

Sharpcroft

macharborguy

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't, seeing as how most of the jailbroken apps will need to get bug fixes out for OS4 anyway so some can work with 4's multitasking (I wonder how Backgrounder is going to operate with it).

if you bought any apps via Cydia or Rock, you should be able to just redownload them anyway.

sharpcroft

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Im not sure i understand your answer?
I wouldnt what?
My question was how to delete the old back up before connecting what i now know is a replacement (new) Iphone 3gs to Itunes so it doesnt try and reload my old jailbreak apps via aptbackup...

tengence

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Don't delete anything just restore as a new phone. You should be able to redownload all the apps that you paid for. After you reinstall the apps just do a backup at that point.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2