Anyone use Cydgets??

lowridinguy

Sep 19, 2009
Visit site
Hi there,

I have just recently started taking advantage of my google calendar synced to the iphone native calendar app and I love it. Now I would like to have my calendar entries shown on the lockscreen. I was thinking of using Lock Calendar but I have read that the latest version is now a "cydget".
I was wondering what performance hit this would take on my phone. I am running a 3GS with backgrounder, proswitcher, bitesms, sbsettings and winterboard installed. Will installing LockCalendar and the required "cydget" apps affect the battery/performance of my phone?

Thanks for the help...

jackie treehorn

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I used them for a while and there wasn't too much of a hit. give it a shot if you don't like it you can always delete them. You could also try lockinfo as well(lockinfo is not free but has a trial)

lowridinguy

Sep 19, 2009
Visit site
thanks for the quick reply.

I thought about LockInfo but all I really want is the Calendar which is why I am considering the new LockCalendar which is now a cydget. All (most) of the reviews I have been reading on Rock have been negative regarding the Cydget app. People say that the lockscreen become really slow to respond and actually unlock. Has anyone experienced this before??

jackie treehorn

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Yea sorry I should have said that too. The cydget took around 30 seconds or so to pop up on my lockscreen and my whole device ran rather slow. that was the whole reason why i got rid of it

Steve-O

Banned
Jul 26, 2009
Visit site
Intelliscreen is a good little app if you want basic calendar info displayed on the lockscreen (along with texts, emails, weather, news etc, which can all be customised). Intelliscreen can be trialed for free & you can get it via the RockApp in Cydia.

storyr

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
Hi there,

I have just recently started taking advantage of my google calendar synced to the iphone native calendar app and I love it. Now I would like to have my calendar entries shown on the lockscreen. I was thinking of using Lock Calendar but I have read that the latest version is now a "cydget".
I was wondering what performance hit this would take on my phone. I am running a 3GS with backgrounder, proswitcher, bitesms, sbsettings and winterboard installed. Will installing LockCalendar and the required "cydget" apps affect the battery/performance of my phone?

Thanks for the help...

There are a few quality free cydgets, such as Element and wedaPanel ;)

I think they work fine - although they can sometimes lag for a second or two on initial startup. One nice feature is you can run as many cydgets as you'd like - switching between them using the home button. You can also run your normal lockscreen (called AwayView) - with whatever theme or widgets you normally use.

Yea sorry I should have said that too. The cydget took around 30 seconds or so to pop up on my lockscreen and my whole device ran rather slow. that was the whole reason why i got rid of it

30 seconds?!? No way. Maybe 1 or 2 seconds (3Gs) - and only occasionally. I'm not saying 1 or 2 seconds is good, but it's certainly not 30 seconds. I'm hoping Saurik will address this some day...

Also, cydgets DO NOT run when the device is turned off or unlocked. They don't use battery when not in use, nor do they slow the device down...

lowridinguy

Sep 19, 2009
Visit site
Thank you everyone for the replies. I may bite the bullet and get the LockCalendar cydget and see how that performs. If I like it I can see the flood gates opening and me downloading a wack of cydgets!!! :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2