help with Remote Desktop Pro

adambueller

May 4, 2010
Visit site
I just downloaded it and I was wondering if anyone knew how to configure the connection to my computer for it. It asks for "Windows Workstation IP address" and "Windows Workstation Port", but I have no idea where to get that info. Any chance someone would point me in the right direction?

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I just downloaded it and I was wondering if anyone knew how to configure the connection to my computer for it. It asks for "Windows Workstation IP address" and "Windows Workstation Port", but I have no idea where to get that info. Any chance someone would point me in the right direction?

RDP (Remote Desktop Protocal) requires a bit of configuring before you can remote into a particular computer. Go to the computer you want to remote into and follow these steps:

1. Right-click on My Computer, select the Remote tab and check the box that says "Allow users to connect remotely to this computer." Then click OK.

2. Next, if the computer you are trying to remote into does not have a password for it's account, create one. RDP will not work without it.

3. Give the computer a static I.P. address. This assigns a particular address to a computer.....like a street number. RDP is the mailman and it needs to find the right address to deliver a command to. A static I.P. address will consist of an I.P. Address, Subnet Mask, Gateway Address, and a Primary DNS address. You will find the settings for this in your network settings. Google for info.

4. The default port RDP uses is 3389. If you have a router, you will need to setup port-forwarding and forward port# 3389 to the static I.P. you assigned the computer.

Since you are new to this process, there is no doubt that you will run into problems when setting it up and figuring out how all this works. You'll find TONS of info on setting up RDP simply by googleing.

Good Luck!:)

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative