ElectricDoodie

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
Is there an app from Cydia, which allows me to change my SMS tones? That literally all I want to do right now. Just simply changing my SMS tone, from the boring preset ones they already have.

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
There is ToneFXs which also requires a desktop application, to make the tone and sync it to your phone. It is not free, but very easy to use.

ElectricDoodie

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
Wow, u blast someone else for not searching but yet u do the same thing. Try doing a SEARCH before postig and you'll find ur answers.
http://forum.tipb.com/iphone-ipad-ipod-touch-wallpaper-ringtones/

I don't have enough posts to have the search bar. I can't search yet. There's no search bar for me. Quit being so judgmental. And where did I blast someone for not searching? I mean, I probably did, I just want to know what are you talking about.

Also, I don't see anywhere on there, how to make SMS tones different. I see Ringtones, but they're not the same as SMS tones. I know how to change a ringtone, just not a SMS tone, which needs to be jailbroken I believe.

Wiltron

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
If your decent with computers you can us winSCP to ssh into your phone - you'll need to convert them to the proper format (they're not aac files).

2 second clips is the maximum and use iTunes to convert them to aiff files - then ssh into your phone and REPLACE the files that are names xxx-2 or higher. Don't replace the first file and dot exceed the 8 maximum or you can brick your phone and have to restore.

If you need more help tomorrow I'll write up a guide for a sticky at the top - check back tomorrow!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Side note - ToneFX is not working on iTunes 9.1. They are working on it. If you want a different sms tone, you have to ssh.

Anyone else notice with iTunes 9.1 the inability to change formats?

ElectricDoodie

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
If u look at the first sticky in that forum and look at the 9th post you'll see what ur looking for and click the link to see ur blast on someone else http://forum.tipb.com/showthread.php?p=1573692#post1573692

Lol, I didn't blast him for searching. Never, not even once, did I mention searching in that thread. It had NOTHING to do with searching. I was saying that he didn't read the entire page of warnings before trying Spirit out. Also, the 9th post seems to be about ringtones and not SMS alert tones. They are 2 different processes, and I have done that one before. But maybe I just got it wrong.

Thanks guys, and I've been looking around, and it seems like the only way to do it now is the SHH way. Didn't know I could brick the phone, though. O_O You don't need to write a sticky, if you don't have the time. It would be extremely helpful, but I can just look it up. I saw a couple of posts and sites about SHH files, but I was just hoping there was a Cydia App that would make I easier.

Thanks everyone!

sharpcroft

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
search in rock app, plenty of sms tones to download that replace your stock ones, the names will stay the same but the tones will change....im using Droid SMS Pack 2

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen