Jailbroken 3G Iphone on 3.1.2 - backup help

vampy#IM

May 9, 2010
Visit site
First off the phone has been unlocked and jailbroken for over 3 months and has been working fine, its a 16gb if that helps.

The problem is that i switched my phone off to restart it and it won't turn on now it just shows the apple logo for about 10 secs and then turns off, i can get into DFU or recovery mode however i cant do anything apart from a restore, the problem most likley is one of two things i either had too much apps although i have restarted the ophone with more apps in the past, or that the rock update i did a few days ago did somthing to it. My question is this:

Is there anyway i can backup just the pictures and contacts that are on the phone? I dont care about the Apps and im sure it doesnt start because i installed too much things but theres software for ipods to extract data whilst in recovery mode i just wanted to know if theres any software that can exract some data from the phone whilst it is in DFU mode or Recovery mode.

Thanks

en0c

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
You do realize that updating straight to OS 3.1.3 isn't an option for you, because there is no unlock for baseband 05.12.01 which comes with 3.1.3?

What happens if you turn it off and then hold down Power and Home untill the iPhone boots again?

vampy#IM

May 9, 2010
Visit site
You do realize that updating straight to OS 3.1.3 isn't an option for you, because there is no unlock for baseband 05.12.01 which comes with 3.1.3?

What happens if you turn it off and then hold down Power and Home untill the iPhone boots again?

I dont need to unlock the phone, i said it was unlocked but im with the carrier it is on anywho, but tbh i dont even care about that stuff atm worst case sccenario i go back to using it unjailbroken if i cant restore and JB it, i havent thought about that though i just want to get those pictures and contacts off the phone though if its possable.

And to the second part of your comment: I dont choose to turn it off it goes off it self, and if i hold both of them the same thing happens as in the first post, it shows the apple logo for around 10 secs (sometimes less) and then it turns off again

Last edited:

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I wish people would use full text when typing; the above makes it harder to understand, thus to help...

Anyway, if you hold the home button and the power button for about 10 seconds, keep holding the home button, but release the power button, and then connect the iPhone to a computer\iTunes (while STILL holding the home button), does it boot normally?

If so, you should have an option to restore\restore as new, backup, etc, etc...

Try that and keep us posted, but please, use full text - it's not like we charge you for text on this forum ;)

vampy#IM

May 9, 2010
Visit site
I wish people would use full text when typing; the above makes it harder to understand, thus to help...

Anyway, if you hold the home button and the power button for about 10 seconds, keep holding the home button, but release the power button, and then connect the iPhone to a computer\iTunes (while STILL holding the home button), does it boot normally?

If so, you should have an option to restore\restore as new, backup, etc, etc...

Try that and keep us posted, but please, use full text - it's not like we charge you for text on this forum ;)

Okay now im going to look like a noob but whats full text, i know my grammer isn't up to scratch but i didn't relise this was a english test, and i don't shorten my words in text talk if thats what your saying i only did it once for jailbreak (JB) saw it used in another post and must have copied, sorry my english isn't up to scratch but im not sure what more you want :S

And the thing your talking about is the EXACT same process for DFU mode and that is what i said i can do, yes i can restore it but it tells me i have to restore it to factory settings so thats no use to me as all my pictures/contacts will be removed.

Back to the original question i need to know if anyone knows of a program that can remove the data from an iphone whilst in DFU/Recovery mode as itunes won't let me it wants me to do a full reset.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
You can restore to factory settings and yes, your pictures/contacts will be removed...but as soon as the restore is done, you will be prompted to restore from your last backup. Then you'll have all your pictures/contacts back.

vampy#IM

May 9, 2010
Visit site
You can restore to factory settings and yes, your pictures/contacts will be removed...but as soon as the restore is done, you will be prompted to restore from your last backup. Then you'll have all your pictures/contacts back.

Ah sorry guys i just relised i didn't tell you somthing important im sorry i forgot:

The computer i use currently isn't the one ive synced to, i got my jailbreak done from a friend so ive never synced with this computer, thats why i needed a external program to remove the contacts/pictures

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2