Cydia and paid applications...

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
So, you jailbreak, install Cydia, and buy a few apps from Cydia.

Then you get a new iPhone, and jailbreak, and install Cydia. But, how does Cydia know you ALREADY bought X application?

Navi

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
Once you enter your payment info into the new device into Cydia, it will prompt that you have already purchased this app (or something like that) and let you install it.

I had the same scenario when I had to replace my last iPhone. In Rock, you can log in to the Rock App and it gives you a list of apps you've purchased. You do have to move the certification to the new device. But, in Cydia, I had to try to re-purchase an app and once I put in my credentials, it said the app had already been purchased.

Wiltron

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
It connects to your Facebook and/or Google account, to track app purchases. Appsidy, used rarely on Rock apps, uses your PayPal E-Mail as account tracking.

When you go to purchase an app, pretend like you've never purchased it before, and connect using your Facebook, then it will say "Thanks for Purchasing!" and let you install it.

I did this not even 2 weeks ago when I had to trade my iPhone with a friend for carrier lock restrictions.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2