Issues with latest Cydia upgrade?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
So Cydia greeted me today with the "Essential Upgrades" options, which included an install of "iPhone Firmware /sbin" and "UIKit Tools," along with upgrades to backgrounder, BigBoss, diskdev, etc.

I've been reading that confirming these has led to some people getting stuck in a reboot cycle, so I've been holding off...anyone have any news on this, good or bad? Or what that firmware file contains?

mgregg99

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Happened to me last night. I was using my 32GB 3Gs 3.12 non-tethered until I upgraded those files last night. End result is that I got stuck with the apple logo for a few seconds and then nothing. Spent quite a few hours last night trying to figure out a solution.

This morning I bit the bullet and restored and upgraded to 3.13. Used Spirit to jailbreak and everything is slowly getting back to normal. Only downside is that I couldn't get a backup to work that would bring back my settings, contacts, etc.

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Happened to me last night. I was using my 32GB 3Gs 3.12 non-tethered until I upgraded those files last night. End result is that I got stuck with the apple logo for a few seconds and then nothing. Spent quite a few hours last night trying to figure out a solution.

This morning I bit the bullet and restored and upgraded to 3.13. Used Spirit to jailbreak and everything is slowly getting back to normal. Only downside is that I couldn't get a backup to work that would bring back my settings, contacts, etc.

ditto. i tried to download it and it gave me an error and then my phone would boot and turn itself off while on the apple logo. i am restoring it to 3.1.3 (was JB on 3.1.2) and i am NOT going to JB it again. its a 3G so i'll just wait for the new iphone to come out.

ok i lied. i have 3.1.3 now (yay...lol) and i used spirit to jb. we shall see how i like it. spirit is FAST as all hell though i will say that!

Last edited:

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the updates...I guess I'll keep holding off. BrianT, if you think of it, report back on how your spiritJB experience compares; I'd be interested to hear of any differences in speed, lag, etc.

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I was previously using pwnagetool for 3.1.2 and not blackra1n. Pwnagetool, however it works, was causing my phone to boot soooooo slow it was frustrating as all hell. Also it seemed to make my 3G lag a little bit. The Spirit JB is soooooo easy to do and it has dramatically improved the amount of time the phone takes to reboot. So far I am very glad my phone got screwed up due to cydia and I had to restore and use Spirit to break 3.1.3. One thing I will say is I hid cydia and I will only be using rock from now on. I kind of lost trust in cydia after today.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I guess if there's a silver lining here, it's that Spirit is out...things could have been worse still!

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Further findings...I hardly used my phone today and it drained more battery than usual on days that I use my phone a decent amount. I'm going to keep my eye on this and see if it is a constant issue.

Idelgado782

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
I've been having issues with Cydia hanging when trying to install sources. I have to respring everytime. It never gives me the option to "return to cydia". Anyone have any info on this?

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
It's because EVERYONE just jailbroke their phones and is trying to access the same sources and files and it's overwhelming the servers. Just be patient and everything should be back to normal in a few days once the traffic dies down.

matthew23

Jan 5, 2009
Visit site
the SAME thing happened to me last night! I tried to updated either sydia or backgrounder and got the apple logo for a few seconds then nothing. Could not hard reset or anything. Forced to restore from 3.1.2 to 3.1.3 and then re-jailbroke with Spirit. Good timing for that JB to come out. So far, so good. I have noticed some battery drain but I've been messing with the phone trying to get everything back to normal. I went into rock and had backed all JB stuff tehre so that was pretty easy to restore then resotred thru a previous back up on iTunes and everything seems basically back to normal. Oh well, at least I am current now (3.1.3). I wonder what is happening? I was really pissed last night.

aimetti

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
yep , its busted ,

i had to restore last night not knowing what caused my problem. I got the cydia error again and googled it and sure enough it removes files from sbin , bin , and user/sbin and makes your iphone a paper weight.

Have to restore again tonight. This is pathetic.

anon(4671651)

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
yup. im guessing its the server overload, I tried to jailbreak my 3g, was succesful, but when i tried to find apps/themes even from the featured section, it said it couldnt be loaded with the sources i did. I just tried a restore, and am gonna rejailbreak it. Hopefully it works :/

bogbois123

May 5, 2010
Visit site
i guess we're all having the same problems?
i just jailbroke my iphone 3GS firmware 3.1.3 MC model.
I keep trying to add sources for cydia and it constantly says 'failure to cache', 'host unapproachable', and BS like that..

So as Iphone users, wth do we do?!

does anybody know the real cause of this?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW