Finally JB is out

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
I'm about to JB mine again. I lost my previous JB due to my radio crapping out and had to get a replacement iPhone. The iPhone came with 3.1.3.

Since I never lost a JB before, once I get my new one JB'd, will I have access to my Cydia and Rock apps once I log in to them or will I have to repurchase those apps. Primarily, I want MiFi.

Thanks,

zayragiselle

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
ok just jailbreaked husband's 2g...it works like a charm....

no problems so far :)

edit:

eh, spoke too soon....it deleted his pictures...anybody knows how to get it back without losing the jb??

Last edited:

humanmusic

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
its a little faster than blackrain. That often freezes up phones for me but Ive tested two phone so far with spirit and no issues.

What we really need more than a 3.13 jailbreak is an unlock...

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Well that sucks. I lost everything on my 'camera roll'. The other 2 folders are fine, though.

Also, I can't access Cydia now. Maybe they're extra busy?

humanmusic

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
ok just jailbreaked husband's 2g...it works like a charm....

no problems so far :)

edit:

eh, spoke too soon....it deleted his pictures...anybody knows how to get it back without losing the jb??

just try a restore from backup...shouldnt harm the jailbreak....

always back up your pics on a computer, then you dont lose them.

jredecop#IM

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
Restore from backup does no good..doesn't backup pictures with iTunes. Tried it:( had some awesome pictures of my son on there. Had most of them backed up in iPhoto but not all:(

humanmusic

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
ah...I always manually back up anything before I jailbreak or do anything to a phone...

Sorry to hear about ur loss!

BTW, wasnt this supposed to be a userland jailbreak?

DCSholtis

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Newbie to the whole JB process and the iPhone that being said I just ran the Spirit JB on my 3Gs everything seems fine. Pics and videos I had saved are still there but if I try to access Cydia it seems to crash. Nothing happens. Anyone else having that happen?

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Double sucks! I get this error when trying to install 'Backgrounder' from Cydia:

94a4857e.jpg

Oh well. More stuff to figure out tomorrow.

humanmusic

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Newbie to the whole JB process and the iPhone that being said I just ran the Spirit JB on my 3Gs everything seems fine. Pics and videos I had saved are still there but if I try to access Cydia it seems to crash. Nothing happens. Anyone else having that happen?

try blackra1n

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
A lot of you dummies don't realize that you're getting into Cydia and trying to download MANY apps that weren't developed for the iPad yet...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice