Spirit jailbreak for 3.1.3 coming 4/30

poisoned10

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
I won't get excited about it, like I did with thunderst0rm, until I see that this one actually works.

Hopefully, this one is for real.

poisoned10

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
I saw where one of them said not to upgrade iTunes to 9.1.1 because it can detect the jailbreak and remove it.

That sucks because I upgraded yesterday. I guess I'll work on trying to downgrade my iTunes.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Spirit is a legit jailbreak, untethered due to where the jailbreak is done. Also, due to where it is done, if Apple wanted, they could detect it and disable it.

I wouldn't expect an unlock to come out for the 3.1.3 baseband as 4.0 has yet another new baseband, and that is the one I expect the work to be on.

sschlesinger

Nov 7, 2006
Visit site
Spirit is a legit jailbreak, untethered due to where the jailbreak is done. Also, due to where it is done, if Apple wanted, they could detect it and disable it.

I wouldn't expect an unlock to come out for the 3.1.3 baseband as 4.0 has yet another new baseband, and that is the one I expect the work to be on.

if the base band is different on 4.0 wouldn't the exploit be different or is it the same if its the same i understand why they won't release it.

poisoned10

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
if the base band is different on 4.0 wouldn't the exploit be different or is it the same if its the same i understand why they won't release it.

I think that's part of the problem. No one really knows if the official OS 4 release will have a new baseband or not. If the devs knew it would be different, then I'm sure they would have already released the unlock.

But like you said, if it's the same, then it would be pointless to release the unlock prior to the release of OS 4.

poisoned10

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
So does anyone know of the easiest way to downgrade iTunes? I've found a way through Google, but it seems fairly complicated with having to delete everything, including hidden files that have to do with Apple or whatever and save certain files to copy over into iTunes once you have the version that you want on your computer.

My only concern is not having my files already on iTunes not go over when I have the version I want.

sschlesinger

Nov 7, 2006
Visit site
So does anyone know of the easiest way to downgrade iTunes? I've found a way through Google, but it seems fairly complicated with having to delete everything, including hidden files that have to do with Apple or whatever and save certain files to copy over into iTunes once you have the version that you want on your computer.

My only concern is not having my files already on iTunes not go over when I have the version I want.

I bookmarked this while ago not sure if it will work on the 9.0 and higher but you can try it. BTW it's a lot easier then you think.

How can i downgrade from iTunes 9? | The iPhone FAQ

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site

Just b/c a baseband changes versions doesn't mean that the exploit used to unlock the baseband, is fixed.

The baseband is a software program. It is written with specific assumptions on input and output to functions/commands within the program. If someone can find a function/command that makes some poor assumptions on input, and can exploit those assumptions to get other code to run, they can write an unlock. Apple has been working on making those functions/commands more robust and less apt to exploits. That is one of the reasons that the exploits are not necessarily released with every version of a new basebad, the exploits are getting harder and harder to find, and if you're going to release one, that is akin to sending Apple a letter telling them how to did it, giving them the opportunity to fix it.

Raeki

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Wait what do you mean "untethered due to where the jailbreak is done" and also "due to where it is done, if Apple wanted, they could detect it and disable it"

liveify#AC

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
The jailbreak is in userland, so it is not teathered because of this and because it is in userland apple could remove it easily with a new version of itunes

poisoned10

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
Apparently, the new iTunes released a few days ago can detect this jailbreak and remove it from your phone. Which is why the jailbreak is being delayed.

Atleast that my understanding.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal