Jailbroken 3.1.2 restore.

Arterion

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
This might have been answered before but with all the talk about downgrading from 3.1.3 back to 3.1.2 I'm not sure what applies to me and what doesn't. Ok, so I've got my 3.1.2 3GS jailbroken, and I want to remove the jailbreak and restore to 3.1.2. My SHSH is on file with Cydia, I've added the gs.apple.com 74.208.10.249 to my host file, and I have a copy of the firmware on my PC. Can I just shift-click restore in iTunes, navigate to the firmware and let it do it's thing, or do I have to mess around with DFU mode as well?

Arterion

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Ok thanks, I'm sure you're right but I'll wait for someone else to verify before I do it, purely because DFU mode seemed like something needed for a downgrade (e.g. from 3.1.3 to 3.1.2), whereas I'm already on 3.1.2 and wasn't sure if it makes a difference or not.

Would appreciate if anyone who's done it can let me know...

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Downgrading to 3.1.2 and installing 3.1.2 are nearly identical at this point, especially with a 3GS and needing a signed firmware.

Arterion

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Again, you're almost certainly correct, and thank you for the input, but last thing I want is a bricked phone...so I'll wait until someone who's done it can verify.

Arterion

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
After consulting with a friend who's done a fair amount of developing for the iPhone, I was advised that in fact DFU mode was not necessary, and was only used when there were issues with an altered baseband. No idea how true this is, but I went ahead with the restore as normal and it worked fine.

Thanks all, topic can be locked.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73