Will baseband & bootrom be updated ?

driverm

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Hi.

I have problems with my iphone... ALOT now actually :)
I m using 3GS with 5.11.07 baseband and with old bootrom.

I want to download a stock 3.1.2 firmware from a trusted webpage and would like to shift + click restore from itunes. I dont want to jailbreak the firmware before restore. Here is the question, will my baseband and bootrom be updated if i ever do this? Or this process will only install the firmware itself?

I m having alot of problems now, with jailbreaks and all those stuff.. I tried to create and install many custom firmwares by using many softwares but none helped me. However this solution may help, if it wont upgrade baseband and bootrom. Please tell me if you know sth,,

Thanks ALOT
Pasha Latzo: Twitter @pashalatzo

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
What firmware do you have now?

The problem with the 3GS is that it will only installed a signed firmware from Apple. Apple has STOPPED signing the 3.1.2 firmware, so unless the 3GS you have was jailbroken before 3.1.3 came out and you selected "Make My Life Easier" on Cydia you are out of luck jailbreaking your 3GS right now.

With a baseband of 5.11.07 you SHOULD be on 3.1.2. What you need to do is download blackra1n and jailbreak and then install blacksn0w and unlock ( I'm guessing that b/c you are concerned about the baseband you want to unlock). Then download sn0wbreeze and create a custom 3.1.3 firmware that doesn't update your baseband so you are on 3.1.3.

For the record, the BOOTROM is never be updated by a firmware, only the baseband.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods