Jailbreaking on 3.1.3

CoryJP

Jun 24, 2009
Visit site
is it possible to jailbreak a iphone 3GS with 3.1.3 firmware? a friend needs to jailbreak her new phone to use T-mobile service thanks for the help !

Dealwagon

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I have looked and looked as well with LOTS of mixed info. Here's the story.

A. If you have EVER jailbroke before, and have stored your shsh (3.1.2 or earlier) on cydia then yes for both. (jb and unlock)

B. If you have a stock phone that has never been jailbroke then no luck for either. You are stuck.

I had a problem with my phone and apple swapped it. Then I went to restore my old contacts etc, not even paying attention, and boom. 3.1.3. Doh. Now I have to wait to be able to tether. Luckily, when I swapped mine out I got an old bootrom, although its of no help at this point. :(

Long story short.. Stock iPhone jailbreaking 3.1.3 for the 1st time ever. NO. Its not possible (or publicly released yet).

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
That is why nobody has released a 3.1.3 j/b yet. It's not worth their time when 4 is coming. It only matters to people with brand new iPhones and those 3GS owners who were careless and updated to 3.1.3 without storing their shsh in Cydia.

MacPhonev4

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
idk if this works with a 3gs but I know it works with a 3g.

download the 3.1.2 ipsw file for your specific iphone
download redsnow 0.9.3

open up redsnow 0.9.3. find the 3.1.2 ipsw file wait for it to confirm then go through the jailbreaking proccess.

it wont downgrade your phone to 3.1.2 firmware but if your it will jailbreak it.

once it has been jailbroken connect to cydia via wifi or 3g search for ultrasnow

download and install ultrasnow

reboot your iphone and you should have unlocked it

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
It doesn't work with the 3GS.

If it worked with the 3GS, do you think there would be 18,000 threads telling people it can't be done?

SOV

Jun 1, 2009
Visit site
how come nobody released a 3.1.3 yet...i know the 4.0 is coming but thats months from now

There's no since exploiting an exploit, for an intermediate version. It's better to wait for a main stream update and use those exploits then. Or Apple would simply block everything, and no exploits would be available for 4.0

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73