Os 4.0

Dimwit

Jan 28, 2010
Visit site
I know they didn't hit ALL the reasons we jailbreak, but, was this enough to make you think about going back to straight iPhone os?

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
The only thing it lacks for me is lockscreen info. If there were gadgets or whatever on the lockscreen I'd be in heaven and need not jailbreak any longer.

Dimwit

Jan 28, 2010
Visit site
For ME, while I wish they had announced/ hope they still do announce lockscreen info functionality, the things "missing" aren't enough to justify JB MY iphone. Your mileage may vary...

mth785

Nov 29, 2008
Visit site
I jailbrake mostly for themes, I have no use for multitasking or lockinfo. That being said I would love a unified inbox.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Well, no, and here's why.

Out of everything they announced, my jailbroken 3G already has everything, except the unified inbox, and the game center.

And it does so much more.

What pisses me off is that now, they allow user backgrounds, and they're PROUD of that, like it's such a wonderful customization.

Let us theme the icons, and the UI sounds, let us skin all sorts of stuff. Wait, we already can, it's called winterboard.

Honestly, I already have my UDID registered to a dev account, and I don't even WANT to get the 4.0 "upgrade" today. It would be a downgrade.

They have folders? We have categories. They have multitasking? We have backgrounder.

Honestly, my phone right now is actually better than their 4.0. :(

I will only "up"grade to 4.0 once it's been jailbroken and all of the jailbreak apps have been modified to run on 4.0.

I'm not giving up my cydgets or LockInfo. or ANY of my HUNDREDS of tweaks. Screw that.

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site

Out of everything they announced, my jailbroken 3G already has everything, except the unified inbox, and the game center.

What pisses me off is that now, they allow user backgrounds, and they're PROUD of that, like it's such a wonderful customization.

Let us theme the icons, and the UI sounds, let us skin all sorts of stuff. Wait, we already can, it's called winterboard.

Honestly, I already have my UDID registered to a dev account, and I don't even WANT to get the 4.0 "upgrade" today. It would be a downgrade.

They have folders? We have categories. They have multitasking? We have backgrounder.

I will only "up"grade to 4.0 once it's been jailbroken and all of the jailbreak apps have been modified to run on 4.0.

I'm not giving up my cydgets or LockInfo. or ANY of my HUNDREDS of tweaks. Screw that.

I agree totally. When I had my JB iPhone (lost it due to radio crapped out and had to get a replacement), it did what I needed. The so called multitasking would have been better if they had included "backgrounder". This gives the user the control of what they want in the background. I enjoy theming. I also wish they would include something like SBSettings to make toggling MUCH easier. So much more to be done with JB.

I just have to be patient until I can get my JB back.

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
its funny the 3G isnt part of the multitasking when my JB 3G runs backgrounder and runs fine. but w/e thanks a lot for forcing me to buy the new iPhone this summer (even though i was planning on it anyways but not i have no choice). also the fact they didnt include something such as sbsettings is disappointing. i may keep the 3G with the 3.1.2 JB on it.

tredstone

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
There's still plenty of valid reasons to jailbreak your phone.

1) Unlocking

2) 2G/3G users who want backgrounding

3) Sbsettings - can't really underestimate the importance of this for so many users.

Beyond that, mileage may vary (how much you care about themes, other little features, etc), but imo the above 3 will keep jailbreaking in the mix and the cat mouse game going between hackers and Apple.

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Lockinfo Lockscreen
Themes
Change Email/SMS tones
Sbsettings...come on Steve, that's a no-brainer.

Until then, I'll still be using a jailbroken phone.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I could totally do without sbsettings, though it's very nice to have. The lack of lockscreen info type widgets or whatever is what will keep me jailbreaking.

DrJB

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
So this won't work (os 4.0) on a 3G only 3Gs and higher right? does anyone know for sure if this is true? If So I am screwed :(

dragonc12

Jun 27, 2009
Visit site
4.0 will work on any device. right now they are just saying you wont have MULTITASKING on the older devices. steve says the hardware will not support it.

why would you be screwed regardless???

DrJB

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
4.0 will work on any device. right now they are just saying you wont have MULTITASKING on the older devices. steve says the hardware will not support it.

why would you be screwed regardless???

No being able to multitask and things may slow down if I try it was what I was thinking. don't know just watched some of the conference and he said at the end of the conference all 3Gs will & 3G Ipod Touch will be able to do everything in 4.0 os and 3G & 2G Ipod Touches will do almost everything excluding multitask too. Just don't know if I have to sell my phone now or not if it will slow it down or drain the battery if it is supposedly not able to do all the same as a 3Gs?

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Steve LIES.

Look at backgrounder, on the 3G. It works just fine.

I believe his point is that multitasking on the 3G with its lower RAM would slow down the phone. Apple doesn't want to let it slow down because then people would be complaining all the time. The 3GS has double the RAM which makes it better for multitasking. I'll be purchasing the new iPhone the DAY it comes out anyways so I'm fine with 4.0 after watching the entire video of the new previews.

bayourock

Apr 15, 2009
Visit site

+1..... I agree with everything here....

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW