Bootloop please help!

sean1604

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
Tried searching for this but it didn't work so here goes:

Iphone 3gs firware 3.1.2 unlocked and jailbroken, was havinbg some problems with the wifi after my battery ran out and I had to re-jailbreak so i reset the network settings as I have done in the past and plugged my phone back into jailbreak again. Only now I'm in a bootloop, after running blackrain I cannot get past the cable and itunes logo and I don't know what to do. Everytime I run blackrain it just takes me back to this screen.
Whats the best thing to do? Please help.

en0c

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Hold down Home and Sleep button untill it's completely turned off. Then power it up again and run blackra1n.

sean1604

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
I did this but it ust went black for few seconds and then back to the apple logo and then the plug and itunes part. Left it a minute and it went black, tapped the home button to see if it came on, nothing.
So I plugged it back into my PC and ran blackrain and it went back to the itunes and plug screen and Itunes popped up saying phone is in recovery mode, geohot's face was on the screen for like 2 minutes and then the black screen with the apple logo just appeared again. Then when the itunes logo came back up blackrain appeared again and itunes popped up and geohots face appeared again, after leaving it it just goes back to the same recovery screen.
Mabye I'm not doing something right?
Do I have to hold the home and power button for a long time to make it go completely off?

sean1604

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
Ok that time I did it and held it after the apple logo appeared and it definately turned off.
Plugged back into my computer waited for it to boot back up to the itunes and plug screen and ran blackrain, exactly the same thing happened again, geohots face for 2 mins then back to the apple logo and black screen then the recovery screen only difference this time is blackrain didn't attempt to run twice..

Can i restore using itunes and stay at 3.1.2? I don't care about the files i've donwloaded from cydia, just my jailbreak.

To clarify I bought my iphone when vodafone where not carriers of it so I had to unlock it. Now they are official carriers of the phone, if the worst comes to worst can I just forget about my jailbreak and still be able to use my phone as Vodafone are offical carriers now?

Last edited:

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
To clarify I bought my iphone when vodafone where not carriers of it so I had to unlock it. Now they are official carriers of the phone, if the worst comes to worst can I just forget about my jailbreak and still be able to use my phone as Vodafone are offical carriers now?

You'd still have to contact the original carrier of the phone to get the unlock code from them.

sean1604

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
thanks for the heads up, do you have any insight on whats happening to my phone?
I've searched google and came up with this site: wwwDOTihackintoshDOTcomSLASH2009SLASH07SLASHirecovery-iphone-recovery-mode-loop-restart/
I have downlaoded the file and have it running in my command prompt but I want a second opinion before i execute the code.

The phone was originally an O2 pay as you go (Which i have never really used), don't even know if I could find the sim card to be honest.