Previously JB on 3.1.2, Cydia backed up keys, Where to find?

Wiltron

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
OK, I bought an iPhone off of Craigslist about a month ago or so, and the user said that it was 3.1.2 and JB'ed with Blackra1n, and he chose the correct option to backup the keys.

However, he said that the phone froze one day, and he had to reset it, and it was 3.1.3 when he restored. Since he did backup his keys, are they stored on a server somewhere? Or was it his responsibility to write them down?

Assuming they're stored on a cydia server or something, how do I recover them?

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
There's no need to recover them, as you more or less download the 3.1.2 firmware file, modify a hosts file on your computer, shift+restore (command+restore on macs) and Cydia's servers will take care of the rest.

However, if your baseband is at 05.12 because of his accidental upgrade, then you won't be able to unlock currently. You may have to wait for 3.2 to be released.

mysterio

May 7, 2009
Visit site
That's why you need to research before buying something off ebay, craiglist or similar sites. Some of these things to consider are not apparent right off the bat.

Wiltron

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
It is at 5.12 - I was under the assumption that with the keys on Cydia's server, it meant there was a way around the lockout, using a hacked firmware like Sn0wbreeze, to force the downgrade?

I don't know, I may be completely wrong on the whole premise of JBing this thing..

ROCKERDAN

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
i J-Broke my 3.1 3gs with blackra1n,worked for 3 days then crashed.....i followed every thread and backed up my shsh files to cydia,cydia confirmed i was backed up with them as shown ontop of page when you enter cydia app.

i spent 3 days working on mine trying to get it to reboot after it crashed with the methods explained and mine never worked....it kept trying to go to apple to confirm even though i setup the notepad file in users to spoof itunes and supposed to go to sauriks site.

anyway,i had to do the official restore due to fact i had no phone.

i would love for someone to tell me why i could not get my shsh files back from cydia...

now im waiting for a new JB/unlock for 3.1.3 with new BB,just like everyone else.

Damn

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
It is at 5.12 - I was under the assumption that with the keys on Cydia's server, it meant there was a way around the lockout, using a hacked firmware like Sn0wbreeze, to force the downgrade?

I don't know, I may be completely wrong on the whole premise of JBing this thing..

Downgrading the firmware will not downgrade the baseband ( modem version ) to allow you to UNLOCK it use it on another carrier.

You can try following the directions here: Caching Apple's Signature Server - Jay Freeman (saurik)

Best of luck.

Wiltron

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Stock Phone is locked to Rogers/Fido

Jailbroken when 3.1.2 was the latest, backed up keys - SUCCESS
Upgraded to 3.1.3 - SUCCESS (F*CK!)
Downgrading from 3.1.3 to 3.1.2 - SUCCESS

Have not switched carriers, so figured I should still be able to use my Fido SIM and it should work fine right? - UNSUCCESSFUL

I could manage to get into the phone OK - about section claimed 3.1.2 and 5.12.01. I could install and use Cydia and all the lovely apps I miss dearly (WiFi FTW).

Phone is locked to Fido, I'm a Fido account holder, why wont it work?

Do I need to unlock it regardless?

I'm on BB 5.12.01 - and I know there's no unlock for it (yet)..

Wiltron

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
OK I decided to give up..

Went to DFU mode, and restored it using factory settings and factory firmware. Remembered to remove the hosts file mods i made so it pointed to correct apple servers and not the cydia repo.

Before I started all this, I was on 3.1.3 5.12.1, and everything was fine. Connected fine, full signal, wifi, all the good stuff. I'm 100% positive it wasn't jailbroken or unlocked, because it was 3.1.3 lol.

Now, after the factory restore, its saying my SIM card isn't compatible.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73