phone goes into DFU mode

sisco22

Feb 5, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys,
I've had my 3g jailbroke/unlocked for a few months now...and just about every day, i will go to make a call or something and it is in DFU mode. I have to do a hard reset and reboot it. Has anyone experienced this problem? I am running 3.1.2 firmware and baseband 05.11.07. It works fine when it is on and running, then all of a sudden it goes into the DFU mode.
Thanks

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
DFU mode or recovery mode? DFU usually shows nothing but a black screen and is recognized by your computer via USB. Recovery mode gives you the "connect to iTunes" screen.

If it's in recovery, then you may have a tethered jailbreak.

Does this problem only occur when you run out of power or reboot your phone?

sisco22

Feb 5, 2010
Visit site
DFU mode or recovery mode? DFU usually shows nothing but a black screen and is recognized by your computer via USB. Recovery mode gives you the "connect to iTunes" screen.

If it's in recovery, then you may have a tethered jailbreak.

Does this problem only occur when you run out of power or reboot your phone?

It goes into DFU mode. There is nothing on the screen. I will go to hit the home button to get the screen back on and nothing happens. I just restored the phone and jailbroke it and unlocked it and it did the same thing. It happens a various times. Not sure whats going on with it.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Yes, but it's not regular to randomly go into DFU mode.

Have you considered using sn0wbreeze for Windows or PwnageTool for Mac to upgrade to jailbroken & unlocked 3.1.3?

Then set your phone up as new, resync everything, and start anew, with no problems?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal