JailBreaking with SnowBreeze

Raeki

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
So I have an iPhone 3GS with the OLD BootRoom, OS 3.0.1 Jailbreak with RedSnow on PC. I only have Cydia Hashes for 3.1.3 (useless for now)

Can I jailbreak with SnowBreeze? I've seen people use it with success, but how come theres the sticky "You cannot jailbreak 3.1.3"

You can't jailbreak if you're already on 3.1.3, but you can have a jailbroken iDevice on that software. Isn't the sticky misleading then? At least inside it should say "If you are on a lower OS, you can create a custom ipsw with SnowBreeze"

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Ok, now how sure are you that you're running the old bootrom? Because all MCxxxxx models seem to run the NEW bootrom.

Do you have a tethered jailbreak?

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Funny basterd, you are. :|

I just try to abbreviate whenever I can, but to appease you, I shall now begin referring to it as the PC.

Better? *grumbling*

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I try to refer to the part where you plug stuff in as the CPU, otherwise I constantly have people looking at the monitor. That's the pc, right?

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
I had to get my jailbroken iPhone replaced recently due to radio crapping out. I got lucky enought to get it restored so I could send it off and get a replacement. What was sent has 3.1.3 installed. Here's a screenshot from forecast. I do have SHSH on file. It seems as though I could restore using Cydia's server and then jailbreak. Does that seem correct?

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Here's the problem - the SHSH saved is specific to the device. So if you saved the SHSH for your old iPhone, which you no longer have, then the SHSH saved in Cydia is no good. It's still on file, yes, but it's no good and could potentially mess with your phone. AT LEAST it won't properly allow you to complete the restore.

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
Here's the problem - the SHSH saved is specific to the device. So if you saved the SHSH for your old iPhone, which you no longer have, then the SHSH saved in Cydia is no good. It's still on file, yes, but it's no good and could potentially mess with your phone. AT LEAST it won't properly allow you to complete the restore.

I had a brain fart when I posted. I thought about that after I submitted it.

I guess I'll hang in there until there's a solution. It's been so long since I've been stock that I'm really not liking this phone compared to my jailbroken one. Still better than anything else I've had, but didn't realized all the ways I used JB apps.

Thanks,

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2