How can I update my JB'd 3G on OS3.0 to JB'd on 3.1.2??

kingcopa

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Hey all,

I currently have an iPhone 3G (OS3.0) which I jailbroke many months ago following the guide here: ww.tipb.com/2009/06/25/jailbreakunlock-iphone-30-windows-redsn0w-edition/

However, I am becomming increasingly frustrated at the growing number of apps I want that require 3.1.2 :mad:

I've done a bit of searching but havent found any guides for getting my phone updated and jailbroken on 3.1.2 (not bothered about 3.1.3 really).

As for unlocking... i'm not too fussed tbh, im still on my original carrier (O2 UK) and have no intention of leaving them. Plus they now offer you to have your phone unlocked for a one off ?20 payment - which I assume would not be affected by anything that I do to the phone software wise anyway!?

So can anyone please confirm or point me in the direction of a guide stating how I can do this? Im hoping it will be as easy as when I JB 3.0 which was just download the os3.0 ipsw and redsn0w tool and it was done in 5mins! :)

Can I just download a 3.1.2 ipsw and an equivalent ***sn0w tool to update and jailbreak it for 3.1.2?? Oh should also mention it has to be Windows supported software, no access to a Mac OSX machine :(

Dont know if these details are important but thought I would include them anyway:
Version: 3.0 (7A341)
Model: MB489B
Modem Firmware: 04.26.08

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Go to ih8sn0w.com, download the "f0recast" program, and post the results that program tells you. This program will basically tell you if you can jailbreak/upgrade your phone.

kingcopa

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, will try that tonight..

Was doing some more research and I *think* I can just use the new version of redsn0w (0.9.2) which I was reading about here: h ttp://wikee.iphwn.org/howto:rs9

But I guess if I was to use that tool that I would need to download a copy of the OS 3.1.2 ipsw for iPhone 3G to use with it? Where can I get that from?

kingcopa

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Go to ih8sn0w.com, download the "f0recast" program, and post the results that program tells you. This program will basically tell you if you can jailbreak/upgrade your phone.

Downloaded f0recast.. heres the results...

h ttp://img168.imageshack.us/img168/5198/forecastw.jpg

kingcopa

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
If I was to jailbreak 3.1.2 on my 3G using redsn0w 0.9.2 would I need to update to 3.1.2 through iTunes first, or download a 3.1.2 ipsw and go straight from 3.0 to 3.1.2 using redsn0w!? :S

Or will I have to use sn0wbreeze? and how?

Any help will be much appreciated! :)

kingcopa

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
No I am not fussed about unlocking as I have no intention of leaving my carrier :)

...also my carrier (O2-UK) allow you to call up and pay a one off ?20 fee to have your iPhone unlocked which I guess wouldn't be affected in any way by jailbreaking as whatever they do to unlock your phone must work on any baseband!? :s

So to conclude, I just want to jailbreak. :)

mysterio

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Well you can upgrade to 3.1.3 using a CFW. It allows you to upgrade without upgrading the baseband. You still download roughly the same size file whether you want to go through the OFW or CFW route.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Yes, however he seems to want to stay on 3.1.2 for some reason. Not sure why, as I'd always recommend to use the custom firmware and start new.