Look for older JB friendly phone or wait for 3.1.3 JB - advice

kgvickers

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Wife recently had to replace a lost iPhone so she now has one that is not JB friendly (tethered). It's not currently jailbroken so no way to get that precious 3.1.2 SHSH.

Previously she had no interest in JBing; but, after seeing all the cool things my iPhone can do, particularly multiple apps, she is interested.

Now, her phone is still on 3.1.2 but since it's relatively new a tethered Jb will be necessary.

So, do I start looking for an older JB'd phone (with archived 3.1.2 SHSH) and then try to sell her current phone, or wait and see what's going to happen?

Due to the new hardware/software/firmware/whatever, will the tethered JB be a fact of life for the newer phones or is this something that is likely to be defeated by the DevTeam?

Thanks,

Keith

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Likelyhood of finding someone willing to sell their 3.1.2 with archived SHSH is going to pretty slim, and if you do it will be pretty expensive since they'll know the value of the device.

The tethering is rumored to already have been defeated by GeoHot but he is holding back releasing it until 3.2 or 4.0 as he is afraid that Apple will patch that exploit rather quickly.

kgvickers

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Just found a 32 gb 3Gs JB and unlocked 3.1.2 phone for $425 . . . good deal but he's 80 miles away.

He had no idea what I was talking about when I asked about Cydia 3.1.2 SHSH, meaning I'll need to have the phone in my hand to be absolutely sure.

Quite a drive in heavy traffic . . . not willing to take the chance.

I may just wait and hope for GeoHot to cure this.

Thanks for the help.

Keith

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro