Opinions Needed: To Keep or Not To Keep

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I currently have a 3G that is jailbroken and I am tempted to un-jailbreak it. The only thing I really use at this point is a theme (which I am over), SBSettings, and Quick Reply SMS. What do you guys think? I am tempted to unjailbreak it but I'm not sure.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
I am kinda in the same boat. SBSettings is nice and so is Categories. The main reason I JB was for GV Mobile which I use every day!

I am trying out the new Black Swan App. I f it is any good I may un-JB myself.;)

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
There is far more stuff out there for jailbreakers other than sbsettings to be worthwhile and to convince yourself never to unjailbreak. Of course you already have .

1. Navigation. The native google map app is generic and is just a map that shows your location but isn't a "true" gps app. In the jailbreak world you have XGPS in Cydia or Rock.

XGPS is a true voice spoken navigation app with wrong way, turn in what distance, how many miles til next turn, how many miles total til destination all on the screen always.

2. 3G Unrestrictor. Fools the phone into thinking its on Wi-Fi for downloads bigger than 10mb's. I know you've been in the app store and its said file to large to download over 3G must use wifi or plug into computer. This eliminates that,

3. Google Voice. Voice activated search engine

4. The flashlights available in Cydia or Rock or far brighter than any of the app store flashlights. I downloaded so many but the popular Cydia flashlight brings your phone to full brightness.

5. Five Column SpringBoard and Five Row Springboard. Why wouldn't anyone want an extra 5-10 apps on the 1st page/homescreen

6. Weather Icon - Puts a weather temp guage next to your battery level on the top right of your phone. Even shows clouds, rain, sunshine, etc. So easy to be able to tell the temp without even unlocking your phone.

7. I could go on forever with the basic jailbreak possibilities.

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
There is far more stuff out there for jailbreakers other than sbsettings to be worthwhile and to convince yourself never to unjailbreak. Of course you already have .

1. Navigation. The native google map app is generic and is just a map that shows your location but isn't a "true" gps app. In the jailbreak world you have XGPS in Cydia or Rock.

XGPS is a true voice spoken navigation app with wrong way, turn in what distance, how many miles til next turn, how many miles total til destination all on the screen always.

2. 3G Unrestrictor. Fools the phone into thinking its on Wi-Fi for downloads bigger than 10mb's. I know you've been in the app store and its said file to large to download over 3G must use wifi or plug into computer. This eliminates that,

3. Google Voice. Voice activated search engine

4. The flashlights available in Cydia or Rock or far brighter than any of the app store flashlights. I downloaded so many but the popular Cydia flashlight brings your phone to full brightness.

5. Five Column SpringBoard and Five Row Springboard. Why wouldn't anyone want an extra 5-10 apps on the 1st page/homescreen

6. Weather Icon - Puts a weather temp guage next to your battery level on the top right of your phone. Even shows clouds, rain, sunshine, etc. So easy to be able to tell the temp without even unlocking your phone.

7. I could go on forever with the basic jailbreak possibilities.

i think you convinced me! you are good! you should run for office lol.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
+1 I love my quick reply to sms, and it's nice having a theme. I can get by with Black Swan for Google Voice - I rarely use it for outgoing calls. The one thing I would sorely miss is Overboard, so that I can quickly get to a specific page on my springboard. I guess I'll wait until the next os update is released and then I'll make my decision.

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
+1 I love my quick reply to sms, and it's nice having a theme. I can get by with Black Swan for Google Voice - I rarely use it for outgoing calls. The one thing I would sorely miss is Overboard, so that I can quickly get to a specific page on my springboard. I guess I'll wait until the next os update is released and then I'll make my decision.

I'm going to have to check into this black swan thing. i've never heard of it but ill check it out. i think for now ill keep my JB but minimize some of the themes that i dont use. I went through and deleted all the stuff i dont use just trying to figure out a way to make the phone run faster than it does now.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
if it's speed you're worried about then that's just a fact of life. jailbroken 3G = Lag

i too have a 3G and after a while i just learned to deal with it and tweak it as best as possible.

i've found that if you mainly just tweak your springboard theme then it's normally fine.

oh and if you aren't using Lockinfo then you are really missing out

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73