Iphone stuck on apple logo and WILL NOT RESTORE!!!

inamaj

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure if this question has been asked before but I NEED HELP!! My Iphone was recently not able to sync on Itunes. Everytime I would try and sync my music it would disappear from the itues menu but still say 'syncing'. Then I tried to restore it after this failed (by getting an error message) I tried to re-jailbreak it and now it will not leave the Apple logo. I've tried everything I know, hopefully someone else knows something. PLEASE HELP!!! :( :confused: :mad: :eek:

PS. I'm using an Iphone 3g with 3.1.2 firmware.

inamaj

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I tried to restore it through iTunes but had no luck. It keeps giving me the error message "iPhone cannot be restored".

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Why do people get so pannicked and try to do so many steps when things don't work? sorry OP I'm not blaming you or anything it's just all users I've seen that have problems always do this, that doesn't work then do this, then this... Anyway on to the help, hold your power button down until the phone powers off. Get the 3.1.2 OEM file, search there are links on here somewhere. Then hold down your home button and plug in your USB cable connected to your laptop, iTunes should be open, don't release the home button until the phone is in recovery mode. The phone should go into recovery/DFU mode and show a globe with cable leading down the screen. If the phone doesn't go into recovery mode try the method again, it sometimes takes awhile. Then you can do the button combo and click restore to point to your OEM 3.1.2 file and restore the OEM 3.1.2 Once that is done re-jailbreak the phone.

RaulSuarez

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
problem is that phone cant go into recovery mode anymore, this happened to me and im stuck i have the 3gs but same problem..ive tried everything, and when i get it into DFU mode and try to recover 3.1.2 (firmware i have on now) it says my phone is not eligible for restore

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I know with my phone once I tried to get into DFU mode to jailbreak using pwnage tool and it took me multiple tries before it would actually go into recovery mode. If your phone wont go into recovery mode then if it has warranty take it to apple and get a replacement. If you can't get the phone to power on or into recovery mode neither will they. If you don't have warranty or you bought it second hand then two options that I can see, update to 3.1.3 and if you need it to be unlocked to use it, sell it and buy another one second hand. If you can still use it without unlocking just upgrade to 3.1.3 and wait for a JB or 4.0 atleast you'll have a working phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR