WinterBoard Hierarchy... Don't Understand

Raeki

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I have a couple questions about WinterBoard themes:

1. How does the hierarchy work? I know that by placing one theme over another it prioritizes it, but how can I get it to have the background of one app but the icons of another? (Like how will winterboard know which icons/wallpaper to keep)
2. What are the month-calender widgets called? Like the one in this link: http://forum.tipb.com/attachments/i...5-good-jailbroken-themes-iphonepics18-053.png
3. How can I make a theme that simply takes the icons and squishes them into a circle? Instead of cutting off the edges, I want to distort the icon into a circle shape.

Thanks again :) hope I'm not asking too much

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
There is a thread in the jailbreak forum that is, essentially, a tutorial on creating themes. You could start there.

As far as the priority, you can't even prioritize when you're taking pieces of complete themes. Either use an entire theme, or prioritize (higher) a single wallpaper, or a single battery icon.

You're looking for Cydgets.

Raeki

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Hmm, I've searched the forums for "winterboard" and "themes" but it only shows my posts

Does anyone hve the direct link? Or also how do I fix it and what is the name of the title

Raeki

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Ya I fixed it... However, I still searched everywhere and can`t find the month-view calender widget... If someone knows what its called that be awesome :)

lionheartednyhc

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
There is a thread in the jailbreak forum that is, essentially, a tutorial on creating themes. You could start there.

As far as the priority, you can't even prioritize when you're taking pieces of complete themes. Either use an entire theme, or prioritize (higher) a single wallpaper, or a single battery icon.

You're looking for Cydgets.

This is not correct. The way the hierarchy works is like this: Lets sa you have two themes (A and B). B is a full theme with icons and a background and a lockscreen. A has only a lockscreen.

Whenever you have two themes activated, that have conflicting elements (i.e. both have a lockscreen) the one on top will display. So if A and B were activated, with A being on top, you would see A's lockscreen and everything else would be B.

TyanColte

Feb 16, 2010
tyan.homeip.net
To Alli: a theme is catagorized by anything that changes the appearance of any aspect of the phone. So any theme, lockscreen only, springboard only, etc. Anyway I'm kind of confused about winterboard also

I have the Elite Sound theme an lightsaber lock and unlock sounds theme an when I put the lightsaber theme over the elite ui sounds and activate both the star wars sounds do not overwrite the elite ui sounds.

Any suggestions. What I've done to remedy this temporarily is to go into iFile and change the names of the lock and unlock sound files in the elite theme. Let me know thanks.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2