is this right

erroet

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I got a 2g from a friend. I updated to what ever the latest is, 3.1.2 maybe. But i've also cleared the phone which locked it. I've tried quickpawn and redsnow with 2 kinds of isfw files and nothing.... Am I reading correctly that, I'm pretty much screwed! I've read and tried things for 4 hours with no luck!

Any help would be appreciated.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
The thing is, by your post, I have no goddamned clue what it is you're trying to accomplish with your 2G, OR what the problem is.

Are you trying to jailbreak it? Unlock it? Jailbreak & unlock it?is it not working correctly?

What is your goal, and what went wrong?

erroet

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Well, its for my GF. She has att too. So really whatever that needs. I honestly am not a tech guru. I had pawnage on my iphone, and she had redsnow on her last one. i did them both. It suddenly died unexpectedly.

just looking to use the 2g on att without contract.

Sorry for the confusion, i tried alot of different things with failure!

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
It's not a problem, but here's the issue - AT&T won't allow an iPhone on their network without a contract, and their networks/technology CAN tell what phone you're using. They MAY be willing to put you on a prepaid iPhone plan, but that's almost as much as the monthly plan anyway.

Unfortunately, FOR NOW, you're out of luck because the 2G was upgraded to 3.1.3. It CAN be jailbroken, but you would need it to be downgraded first to 3.1.2, and that's not a project for someone technologically impaired. :(

however, the good news is that within the next few weeks, a new jailbreak should be released for 3.1.3, so it's just a matter now of waiting for a little bit.

If you want to TRY to downgrade your 2G, you can find a few threads about that on these forums that go into great detail doing such.

Good luck with whatever you decide though. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2