my iphone won't turn on anymore! it's just dead! helpp|

bumble.bea

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
I have a huge problem. I jailbroke my iphone about two months ago and never had problems. However, yesterday the screen started freezing so i resprang the phone with SBSettings. Then the apple appeared. Since then, the screen is just stuck on the apple. It won't do anything else, except show me the battery symbol. I thought of restoring it with iTunes but it doesn't appear on iTunes at all. What can I do? I am really desperate.

and if I bring it to an apple store in this condition, they will probably be able to tell that it has been jailbroken. If so, does restoring a frozen iphone cost a lot?
!

Please please help me!

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Restoring is free. Just put it into DFU mode and restore/upgrade to 3.1.3.. Then you can turn it into Apple,BUT you'll probably get a tethered jailbreak (if you're lucky enough to get a refurbished. OR you'll get one with 3.1.3, which is unjailbreakable.

All in all, your situation is not good.

Listy

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
With the phone switched off plug it into iTunes while holding the Home button down for ten seconds. Your computer will pick up the so you can do a restore. But as I am also at the moment looking at an unfortunate 3.1.3 unwanted upgrade. Anyway to avoid it?? I don't think so but I'm still trying to work that out for sure before I restore. I'm waiting on my helpful friend above to confirm I'm in the 'not good' stakes as well.

Last edited:

3seven1

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
You said that iTunes doesn't show your iphone. I had that problem too and even when I put the phone in DFU mode iTunes didn't detect an iphone in recovery mode. I had to uninstall "Apple Mobile Device Support" and iTunes and then reinstall iTunes. After that my computer detected my phone and I could restore. If you do restore you'll be 3.1.3. which has already been said. Sorry.

DRTigerlilly

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
if it's in DFU disconnect it from the pc, hold down the home & power button for 10 seconds with the phone disconnected from the PC. Then repower on w/ the power button.

If it's in recovery mode use QuickPwn 2.2 to get it to start normally

but get QuickPwn from the dev teams site, not some random site.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods