Accidentally upgraded???!

pilotnh

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
I can not believe how many people are saying this. I'm sorry but I'm not buying into this. So here are my top ten things that you are more likely to "accidentally" do than upgrade your iPhone:

10. I accidentally shot my dog.
9. I accidentally slept with my neighbor's wife.
8. I accidentally forgot to file my taxes.
7. I accidentally jumped out of that speeding car.
6. I accidentally left the store without paying.
5. I accidentally punched my boss in the face.
4. I accidentally couldn't stop my Toyota (oh wait, that one could happen)
3. I accidentally sent Uranium to Iran.
2. I accidentally stuck my finger in the electric socket.
1. I accidentally put on my girlfriend's underwear.

But no, you don't "accidentally" upgrade your iPhone.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
It's no worse than the fact that every time someone has "accidentally" done it, they've started a whole new thread to relate their tale of woe.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
This is one of the more amusing threads I've seen on these boards recently.

Especially since I agree with the OP.

TyanColte

Feb 16, 2010
tyan.homeip.net
OMG I accidentially did research on 3.1.3 before jailbreaking the day it came out. How hard is it to research on stuff before upgrading. Oh well I guess not everybody can be smart LOL j/k.

Pr3mier

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
Most smartphone users (including the iPhone users) aren't smart at all. We just have to accept that. Many people on here are really smart though and that's why they(the not so smart ones) keep posting help help help. It is what it is.....a forum for information.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, but to counter that point, at one time, I was scared to death to TOUCH my phone in a way "outside the norm". And the only thing that got me going was research. The more I read, the more I learned. The more problems I saw people having, the more attention to the solutions I paid. Ultimately, getting better at this stuff and learning/researching is how it gets done.

And truthfully, 9 times out of 10, if I encounter problems that I don't know the answers to, I can find the answers within the first page of a google search, so don't rule out the research, boys. }=-)>

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Most smartphone users (including the iPhone users) aren't smart at all. We just have to accept that. Many people on here are really smart though and that's why they(the not so smart ones) keep posting help help help. It is what it is.....a forum for information.

Bro, it aint just smart phone users, MOST PEOPLE in general are dumb. What makes them worse is they buy things, like an iPhone and have no clue what to do, they just buy it because everyone else does.

:eek:

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Amen. I agree wholeheartedly with that statement, touchy. Certain hi-tech gadgets should require a mini quiz the consumer has to pass before purchasing. Simple questions like "what's a USB cable?" or "what's the difference between uploading and downloading?" and stuff like that. And that is barGain basement quizzing, mind you. God forbid you asked a newbie what SSH was, they'd probably sh*t themselves.

pilotnh

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
is there no way back from 3.1.3 on the iphone 3g?

thanks

Sure there is. Make the long journey through Oz to see the Wizard. Then click the heels of your ruby slippers together 3 times and say "There's no place like 3.1.2- there's no place like 3.1.2- there's no place like 3.1.2". And voila- you'll be transported to the land of fools who can't browse these forums to look up the answer.

longshadows

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Well, the point could be made that the "smarter" the phone, the dumber the user, but we won't go there. On the other hand, honesty is the best policy, and most of these "accidents" are less than such. There is the matter of personal accountability and "fessing up," which makes one look not only "smarter," in spite of having done a "dumb" thing, but also of more integrity. "Okay, I did it." (I was foolish and I'd appreciate any assistance that you, as a fellow human being, who might also have done something foolish in your life, can provide.) Just say it!

That said, this forum is full of tales of woe regarding the 3.1.3 upgrade thing. It appears that some folks must depend on the JB "gods" for help getting them out of this mess. If said "gods" have not been sufficiently intrigued by 3.1.3 and are already working on 4.0 issues, those who may have throws caution to the wind and did the unthinkable, will have to await their benevolence and 4.0. Hopefully, this won't be too much longer on a linear scale.

So, just keep lighting those candles and temporarily try to enjoy your iPhone in the same way as over 90% of the iPhone users have to, un-jailbroken. Yeah, I know, life sucks sometimes. :(

Last edited:

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Here's the poblem. I've been around since iPhone 2.2 and guess what?

It's not just 3.1.3

No matter how many websites, blogs, Twitter accounts, MESSAGES IN CYDIA, threads on MULTIPLE forums, etc. tellthem NOT to upgrade if you're jailbroken, these frigging moron. Do it anyway, thinking that someone can help them.

It's been like this for 3.0, 3.0.1, 3.1, 3.1.2, and now 3.1.3. EVERY SINGLE TIME there's a new OS update, these morons run and click update, SCREW THEIR JAILBREAK/UNLOCK over, and then beg for help from the so-called "jailbreak gods". This isn't a 'new trend' specific to 3.1.3.

THEN, they get upset when the hackers dot release a jailbreak/unlock tool fast enough to save them from their own stupidity.

I have absolutely ZERO pity for these people, becase if I could learn to read and discover all of these warnings on my own, then so the hell can they.

tagbhoy67

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
Sure there is. Make the long journey through Oz to see the Wizard. Then click the heels of your ruby slippers together 3 times and say "There's no place like 3.1.2- there's no place like 3.1.2- there's no place like 3.1.2". And voila- you'll be transported to the land of fools who can't browse these forums to look up the answer.

where do you get off mate?

so sure your up to date with technology, iphones upgrading downgrading etc etc.

what about all the people including myself who just dont keep up with technology all through the year. I have work family etc etc so dont get time to browse the internet all the time to keep up.

So instead of your wise cracks why not say yeah sure there is a way back. Go to this forum and youll find out how, or alternatively, No there isn't yet, but there might be in the future.

Or does it make you feel big and clever, maybe even get you off that you know more about a particular subject than some others do??
:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Listy

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
where do you get off mate?

so sure your up to date with technology, iphones upgrading downgrading etc etc.

what about all the people including myself who just don't keep up with technology all through the year. I have work family etc etc so dont get time to browse the internet all the time to keep up.

So instead of your wise cracks why not say yeah sure there is a way back. Go to this forum and youll find out how, or alternatively, No there isn't yet, but there might be in the future.

Or does it make you feel big and clever, maybe even get you off that you know more about a particular subject than some others do??
:rolleyes::rolleyes:

He's got a bit of a point. It's a lot to keep up with it's constant changes and sometimes you just want the thing to work. As much we would love to have everyone to first use the alphabetic listings in the front of the phone book, pass the super quiz at the tech counter or google something before they spout out a bunch of absolute rubbish, it's not a perfect world. I'm not getting soft as I had no pity for the last girl who came up to me after she upgraded and asked if they could fix it. I had no pity as I couldn't help thinking 'idiot, didn't you read anything?!? With the technically impaired try and keep in mind for that this is a help forum, a ripper one at that. I understand your grievance reading some of these threads people post and think their f**ing lazy, ..google it!! At the risking of not getting your message across which there is a fair possibility your not anyway, would it not be easier to cut and paste a relevant thread for them and point them in the right direction instead of giving them a can of whoopass ...but pilotnh your a gas.

Last edited:

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
The amazing thing is how many people are finding this thread, which is far from a serious thread with no intention of helping anyone, where people are still posting the same frakkin' questions over and over without searching.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Well, the old saying goes "if you create something idiot proof, the world will create better idiots."

there is no excuse for ignorance. NOT STUPIDITY, mind you. If someone is stupid, that ant be fixed. But if they're ignorant, all they have to do is to stop being lazy and READ.

These forums make it god awefully easy to find your answers. Screw google, just search THESE FORUMS.

People crack up when Rey read my posts because they see that my responses are so obviously cut and pasted. I have them saved as notes on my iPhone so I can just paste the same crap all the time because in an average of ONE DAY I'll have to answer at least 3 people with the exact same problem/question, often times POSTING RIGHT NEXT TO EACH OTHER!

Example, thread #1 will be about some idiot who is panicking because they jailbroke without underrstanding what a tethered jailbreak was.

Threads #3 and 6 will be THE SAME DAMNED THING!

It DOES get frustrating because these people so obviously didn't search ANYTHING or ANYWHERE.

It's really disheartening.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR