Failed iphone repair question: help!

panthers90

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
I have a 3G. The glass was shattered, and i purchased a new glass / digitizer part from ebay. Prior to replacing that part i noticed no problems w/ the LCD screen. Once I got the phone back together i noticed a dime size dot and a few lines leading from the dot on the screen, and I can see very faintly the date and time, but the colors are very dim, and with lines running through the whole screen. Apparently I've managed to destroy the LCD screen. I was debating on purchasing n LCD screen and installing it myself. Does this sound like an LCD sceen issue, and at
$50 a good idea to even fool with. The phones only 2 months old. Thank you :)

BENGRIMM

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
If the phone is only 2 months old then the warranty should have been still valid ? I dont know a ton about replacing glass or LCD's but I do know that if you are not extremely carefull with those ribbons , they can be easily damaged .

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
If the phone is only 2 months old then the warranty should have been still valid ? I dont know a ton about replacing glass or LCD's but I do know that if you are not extremely carefull with those ribbons , they can be easily damaged .

physical damage is not covered by the warranty, only defects

the issue sounds like either
the phone wasn't put back together right
or
the same damage to the screen did more damage

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods