culs-de-sac with newer iphones

flav

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
Ok, first of all, I'd like to say that I really appreciate how the iphone jb community helps each other and I'd like to say thanks to anyone that can help me.

Here's the issue, two weeks ago I bought a iphone 3gs and it came with the 3.1.2 firmware, I had no problems whatsoever jailbreaking it. I had to return it though, due to a battery problem. Now, I'm on my third one after this, because, here's the issue, now that the new firmware is available, I can't restore the iphone if it bricks. It comes with the 3.1.2 firmware, but every time I try, it bricks, and then I have to restore it.

So, what happened was, I used blackra1n just as before, but it locks itself into restore mode, and after this, I'm almost obligated to install the 3.1.3 firmware.

I need my phone to be unlocked and I don't know what else to do.

I never had problems jailbreaking the iphone, I even did it to a lot of people.
So, what I did was, I returned the phone with the 3.1.3 firmware and got another one, and I'm not touching it until I can find out how to unlock/jailbreak it in a way that it will work for sure.

Please guys, anyone... give me a hand because this is really frustrating.
It pisses me off that we pay a fortune for this phone and apple won't even let us have a freaking background.

Thanks!

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
TETHERED JAILBREAK!!!

Do a search for "tethered jailbreak"!

If this is a new 3G, then it can still be jailbroken or unlocked, but you just can't ever let the battery die, or reboot the iPhone when the iPhone is not near a computer.

Why?

The phone is new. Apple updated the hardware on newer models. Ultimately, when you get the "Connect to iTunes" message, DO NOT RESTORE.

Connect the iPhone to the computer, spend 30 seconds, run Blackra1n RC3/4, RE-jailbreak, and that's it.

It takes less than a minute.

ALSO, being that this is a new iPhone 3G, that requires a tethered jailbreak, I also suggest getting a battery case.

A good one is "Case-Mate Fuel" (google it) but it's ugly as sin. It will however, act as a case AND a charger. Or you could go to BestBuy an pick up a "InCase PowerSlider" case.

That, and a car charger. That way the iPhone never goes off. If you have a laptop, that's ideal/superb.

Let me know how that goes.

flav

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for answering.
Ok, here's what happened, I didn't know about this, so I ended up letting it upgrade to 3.1.3. Now, I decided to take it back to the store and get another one, but they wouldn't let me.
What's your suggestion? Should I just give it back and wait or should I stick with it for a while and wait to see if anyone comes up with a solution for the 3.1.3 firmware.
My questions is based on the fact that I need it to be unlocked, but not right now. And for what I've been reading, people are saying that once i've done this, it will never be able to again. Is this true or eventually there's a possibility of doing it again? Is there something on the new firmware that actually locks it for good?

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Only you can decide if you should return it

the short answer is apple is always looking for ways to block jailbreakig. Don't expect things to get easier.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR