downgrade from 3.1.3 to 3.1.2

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Why would you want to do that? And unless you restore from a backup you had before the update there is no way that I know of to do that.

en0c

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
@DataCentre
Have you tried it yourself with a 3GS? AFAIK it's only possible when you've stored the ECID SHSH-file...

SoonerSpidey

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
I know I'm a newbie so bear with me on the stupidity comments. I downloaded the 3.1.2 firmware, installed redsn0w started going through the process on iTunes and when it was confirming the downgrade w/ Apple it came back and said the downgrade was not authorized by Apple and wouldn't do it. Left me @ 3.1.3. My questions are for what reason did that happen and is Apple really that controlling? Thanks for all the help guys. Just waiting for the jb to 3.1.3 to come out now.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I know I'm a newbie so bear with me on the stupidity comments. I downloaded the 3.1.2 firmware, installed redsn0w started going through the process on iTunes and when it was confirming the downgrade w/ Apple it came back and said the downgrade was not authorized by Apple and wouldn't do it. Left me @ 3.1.3. My questions are for what reason did that happen and is Apple really that controlling? Thanks for all the help guys. Just waiting for the jb to 3.1.3 to come out now.

Yes, Apple stopped signing the 3.1.2 firmware so that people cannot install that anymore without having their SHSH backed up on the Cydia servers. Was your iPhone jailbroken before?

SoonerSpidey

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
No it wasn't jb before. It's my understanding it can't be until they find a jb for 3.1.3, corect? Thanks for the help. Man, Apple really sucks. No wonder so many people jb and unlock their phones.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Correct, you cannot jailbreak until a new jailbreak supporting 3.1.3 comes out ( though don't hold your breath ).

With 3.2 ( and 4.0 ) in the not too distant future, no jailbreakers what to show Apple their hand on exploits at this point in time. Don't expect anything until after the iPad is out ( at the earliest ).

danielwozere

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
The reason apple dont sign and let you downgrate to 3.1.2 is because the new 3.1.3 f/w can not be jailbroken or unlocked as it has a new version of the baseband on it (05.12.01)

Once you upgrade your baseband you can not downgrade it,

check your F/W and Baseband by going to settings, then general, then click about it will show you here 'version' this is your F/W 3.1.3 (7E18) is the newest one wit the new baseband
(if you have 3.1.2 Dont upgrade if u wanna jailbreak)

now look at the bottom, look at Modem Firmware, This is your baseband, if its the newest one (05.12.01) your screwed.

i think the reason no one has a jailbreak for 3.1.3 yet is coz they dont want apple to cop onto how its dont so that when the new device is out they dont have a fix or a way of preventing it!!

SoonerSpidey

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I'm 05.12.01. Sucks. I understand on not updating the jb until the new software comes out. Oh well. It's funny cause I almost didn't upgrade after looking at the differences and seeing they weren't anything at all but then did it just to be current. Then I decided I wanted to jb it but alas it's too late. I'll have to wait. Thanks for all the help though.

danielwozere

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
Yeah too Rite man,, apple lied they did,, sayin the upgrade from 3.1.2 to 3.1.3 was to fix probs wit the battery % thing in the top corner n sh1t like that when really it was just to upgrade your baseband to 05.12.01

its a SECURITY UPDATE :mad: :mad: :mad:

Their sneaky liars :(

ha ha ha ha but so are we for j/breaking ha ha sure what can ya do lol!!!

but my point is that all it was; was a security update :mad::mad::mad:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods