Unlocked and Jb on 3.1.2

PinkBanana

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Hi guys...

Been happily Jb and unlocked now since getting my iphone 3gs back in November. I'm just curious though about two things.

1) I am currently unlocked via snow and using my PAYG voda uk sim in myphone. I do have a few signal problems but i can live with that...I am hoping that orange (my original iphone provider) will allow me to officially unlock my iphone for ?20 at the end of this month.

2) Now if they will unlock it (which they said they would) then will I still be able to use my voda sim if its unlocked officially and then i can upgrade to 3.1.3 or will my phone remain locked to orange if i uprade my firmware after orange unlock it officially?

balsy_megan

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
As what you've said you want your provider unlock your phone. That's your choice and in my own understanding yes you can still use it. But I can suggest that don't upgrade to 3.1.3 yet. (because there is no unlocking for 3.1.3 yet).

PinkBanana

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
So i can still use my vodafone payg sim once orange unlock my phone. Will i still be able to use cydia as i have quite a few JB apps and tweaks etc.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Balsy Megan, for the past couple of days you've been giving out inaccurate advice, but I just thought it was a few things. It's not. You have A LOT of reading to do, hun.

She is getting her carrier to OFFICIALLY UNLOCK her. Through iTunes. She can upgrade to whatever OS she feels like, and her phone will ALWAYS be unlocked. No matter what.

There's some possible good news.

One man on these forums was jailbroken AND unlocked on O2.

iTunes officially unlocked him, and 1) He kept his jailbreak just fine. And 2) SOMEHOW, by iTunes officially unlocking him, his iPhone went from a tethered jailbreak (on the 3G) to an UNTETHERED jailbreak.

So yes, you'll be able to continue using your phone unlocked.

balsy_megan

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Opss. is that so? ok thank for the information. I think I need more readings to do as of now. I've heard about problem when you upgrade 3.1.3. Found this anyway.

PinkBanana

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Balsy Megan, for the past couple of days you've been giving out inaccurate advice, but I just thought it was a few things. It's not. You have A LOT of reading to do, hun.

She is getting her carrier to OFFICIALLY UNLOCK her. Through iTunes. She can upgrade to whatever OS she feels like, and her phone will ALWAYS be unlocked. No matter what.

There's some possible good news.

One man on these forums was jailbroken AND unlocked on O2.

iTunes officially unlocked him, and 1) He kept his jailbreak just fine. And 2) SOMEHOW, by iTunes officially unlocking him, his iPhone went from a tethered jailbreak (on the 3G) to an UNTETHERED jailbreak.

So yes, you'll be able to continue using your phone unlocked.

So officially getting orange to unlock me, so i can use my vodafone sim permenantly, means i can still be jb and unlocked at the same time...forever.

secondly from what luciver just said, its possible i may not be stuck with a tethered jb...whooo hooo!!! I can live with the tethered jb for now..but the prospect of an UNTETHERED...Hmmm now that sounds good. I was not looking forward to having to take my laptop away on holiday with me....:)

Last edited:

PinkBanana

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
I would like to hear from anyone on this forum who has a newer 3gs and has had it offically unlocked by orange....what happened? Are you still tethered or not?

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Well, you'll be officially unlocked, forever, so if you upgraded to 3.1.3, you wouldn't be able to jailbreak until a proper tool was released that can successfully accomplish that jailbreak.

Just call your carrier and try to get details about wether or not they can/will officially unlock you.

Sometimes, they may charge, but not much. It's all up to the carrier, I guess.

PinkBanana

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Well, you'll be officially unlocked, forever, so if you upgraded to 3.1.3, you wouldn't be able to jailbreak until a proper tool was released that can successfully accomplish that jailbreak.

Just call your carrier and try to get details about wether or not they can/will officially unlock you.

Sometimes, they may charge, but not much. It's all up to the carrier, I guess.

Phoned Orange this morning. said it will be ?20 + ?10 top up! Not paying ?30 to have my iphone unlocked. I'd rather be JB and Unlocked via BR. I'd rather wait until a JB for BR is released so that I can upgrade to 3.1.3.

oferzako

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi.
I just got an I phone and I want to know if I can unblock it.
I have all the details.
Serial number 880019*****
Version 3.1.2
Model MC137LL
Device instance id (usb properties) USB\VID_05AC&PID_1294\60FD15E6DE22837052D5IE8147B6506B02037FED Thanks for your help.

Thanks for your help and time.

PinkBanana

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Hi.
I just got an I phone and I want to know if I can unblock it.
I have all the details.
Serial number 880019*****
Version 3.1.2
Model MC137LL
Device instance id (usb properties) USB\VID_05AC&PID_1294\60FD15E6DE22837052D5IE8147B6506B02037FED Thanks for your help.

Thanks for your help and time.

Mate look at the serial number. If its 4 and 5th numbers are less than 40 then yes you can. Oh and by the way DON'T SPAM MY THREAD, JUST READ THE WEBSITE OR PLEASE SEARCH FOR JAILBREAK THREADS. THESE WILL ANSWER YOUR QUESTION!