winterboard question

jrrsvette

Jan 28, 2010
Visit site
Just installed winterboard from cydia that went fine then hit reboot at the bottom when it was finished installing and know it wants me to connect to itunes, I keep trying to cut it off and back on but it just keeps doing the same thing over and over the apple logo pops up then says connect to itunes.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
TETHERED JAILBREAK!!!

Do a search for "tethered jailbreak"!

If this is a new 3G, then it can still be jailbroken or unlocked, but you just can't ever let the battery die, or reboot the iPhone when the iPhone is not near a computer.

Why?

The phone is new. Apple updated the hardware on newer models. Ultimately, when you get the "Connect to iTunes" message, DO NOT RESTORE.

Connect the iPhone to the computer, spend 30 seconds, run Blackra1n RC3/4, RE-jailbreak, and that's it.

It takes less than a minute.

ALSO, being that this is a new iPhone 3G, that requires a tethered jailbreak, I also suggest getting a battery case.

A good one is "Case-Mate Fuel" (google it) but it's ugly as sin. It will however, act as a case AND a charger. Or you could go to BestBuy an pick up a "InCase PowerSlider" case.

That, and a car charger. That way the iPhone never goes off. If you have a laptop, that's ideal/superb.

Let me know how that goes.

jrrsvette

Jan 28, 2010
Visit site
Thanks LVCIFER ran the jailbreak agian worked like a charm and i had no clue that you could not the phone die or reset it like that and thanks for the info. And i will look into them cases you mentioned.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
No problem. Just make an effort to be constantly conscious about your phones battery, an you should be fine. It will only reboot during certain Cydia/jailbreak installations, bu it shouldn't be a problem when you re-spring.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73