newb quest about JB

36dbldz

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
i was telling my boy how i JB my itouch and 3gs (3.1.2) and he did his while on the phone as i walked him thru the steps i used off youtube. He was successful with the JB using blackrain then plugged into itunes loaded 3.1.3 then used blackrain again. now he restored 5 times and cant load videos to his ipod but can music (only) is there a fix that anyone knows of or does he have to wait to JB again? or is itunes jacked up? thanks yall. holla

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Uh... No. Any reading at all would have told both you and him that 3.1.3 I less than a wel old, and that there are no "simple" jailbreaks.

Blackra1n ONLY works on 3.1.2. Not 3.1.3. And there is no update for blackra1n planned.

The reason he keeps having to tester is because when he tries to use blackra1n to jailbreak 3.1.3, he's f'n the operating system up.

36dbldz

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
i didnt tell him to update. im still on 3.1.2 on both of mine. he plugged in while on the phone with me then he was like now im updating, and it was done. will the 3.1.3 JB fix the issue once its out?

36dbldz

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Uh... No. Any reading at all would have told both you and him that 3.1.3 I less than a wel old, and that there are no "simple" jailbreaks.

Blackra1n ONLY works on 3.1.2. Not 3.1.3. And there is no update for blackra1n planned.

The reason he keeps having to tester is because when he tries to use blackra1n to jailbreak 3.1.3, he's f'n the operating system up.

is that causing videos not to load on this itouch?

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Frankly, I'm surprised that there snt MORE wrong with the OS after using blackra1n on 3.1.3.

He mag need to restore to 3.1.3 AGAIN, set the iPhone/iPod up as new to erase all damage that he probably just dd, and then use whatever tool comes out in a few weeks that will be able to jailbreak 3.1.3.

Keep watching the forums. You'll know wHen something is released.

36dbldz

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Frankly, I'm surprised that there snt MORE wrong with the OS after using blackra1n on 3.1.3.

He mag need to restore to 3.1.3 AGAIN, set the iPhone/iPod up as new to erase all damage that he probably just dd, and then use whatever tool comes out in a few weeks that will be able to jailbreak 3.1.3.

Keep watching the forums. You'll know wHen something is released.

erase from itouch or itunes? Thank you too for the 411.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
From the itouch. He would use iTunes to do the actual reset, but all of the fixing needs to be done on the iPod touch.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Is he sure that the video is compatible with the iPod? It has to be either *.mov or h.264 mp4 encoded to the correct specifications. The audio bitrate needs to be precise as well as the video resolution.

Where did he get these videos from?

36dbldz

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
they are mp4. i had put them on his itouch prior to him jacking it up. could it be that the files are not on his computer? i used a external drive to give him 100 movies, but did not put on his laptop?

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
If you didn't store the files on his computer, and iTunes is NOT set to copy files as you import them, then that would explain it. If the files are NOT on his CPU, then in iTunes, there would be a little "!" next to the movie, and he wouldn't be able to play a preview.

balsy_megan

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Got several problems before. Its my 2nd phone since the one I've updated to 3.1.3 then its end up selling it with my friend. Problem such as video loading and other stuff when I updated it. And now I am happy with my phone its 3.1.2 and all system works very well.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh