"sim card not recognized" error when restoring

spyder8800

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
Hello,

i have a 3gs running 3.1.2 jb'kn with blackra1n. i have had to restore once or twice and each time i do, the restore process completes, gets to activation and tells me that my sim card is not compatible with the phone. i have had to go to apple and exchange my phone each time.

before i jb my new phone (apple just replaced it today) is there something i am doing wrong? any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

thx!
ST

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Yes, and also, this ONLY works with the 3G, but even if your official carrier's SIM card is INACTIVE, you can still use that to activate your 3G. (I read this from Geohot's Twitter a few months ago).

It's a small (but useful) glitch with 3G only.

So IF you have the original SIM, just give that a try and get back to us. (The above method has been verified to work on AT&T, but not on European carriers to my knowledge. Just saying...)

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
ALSO - BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING, if you are CURRENTLY on 3.1.2, using the phone that Apple just replaced, JAILBREAK IT FIRST!

Use blackra1n, and jailbreak/unlock it.

THEN, if you choose to, you can then use PwnageTool for Mac or sn0wbreeze for PC, create a custom IPSW/FirmWare, and then use that to update to the new 3.1.3 created in either of the above applications.

spyder8800

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
Thanks, I already went ahead and jb the new one and am using it, I am just afraid that the next time I have to restore it I will have the same problem (apple has replaced 3 so far)

I am on ATT and I am not sure that the sim card I am using is the original...what if I don't have the original?

Thx for the responses
ST

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods