Unlock (and jailbreak) question

sebas156

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

I have an iPhone 3G, not jailbroken/unlocked. I just updated it to 3.1.3

But I've read that you can't jailbreak/unlock it from the new firware 3.1.3.
So, my question is: what can i do to unlock it? I really need to unlock, or I cant call.

Can I just unlock it to 3.1.2 from here? Or do I need to install it to 3.1.2 first? How?

Thanks in advance!

en0c

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
You are screwed.. You can't downgrade the baseband. And there isn't unlock for the 05.12.01 baseband.

harleybabe

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
unlock

hello i dont know how to create a new post i'm new to the forum. i went to the blackrain site did what i was suppose to to i have the rock app on my phone but how do i know my phone is unlocked now? i clicked on the snow thing but i dont know if its now unlocked

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
When you install sn0w, it should give you a confirmation message telling you if it was successful.

You can always re-run sn0w to unlock it and double check.

sebas156

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Please don't ask questions here in my topic lol. It's confusing. Does anyone know how to unlock the iPhone (3G) when it's updated to 3.1.3?

sebas156

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Nah, I just bought my iPhone, so I don't have anything.

I do have an jailbroken iPod Touch, so I know how everything works. Just need an unluck, then I'm fine :(

JDNGuru

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, it looks like you're SOL until a new jailbreak tool is released.

Sorry dude.

Agreed. Unless your thing was JB before and saved onto the Cydia cache liked LVCIFER stated, you are SOL. Be patient. It'll be out soon. Some models are able to upgrade to 3.1.3 with JB/Unlock, some aren't. Depends on the model of iPhone you have.

sebas156

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Hmm..
Thanks for the help! But, does anyone know in how long the possibility to unlock 3.1.3 will take (average, so 1 month, 2 months?)

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, for future reference, it's NEVER a good idea to just go and blindly update your OS as soon as Apple releases it. It's a cat and mouse game between Apple and the hackers, and the hackers need some time to find the proper exploits so that they can use it properly and allow us to jailbreak. It's not as easy as simply 'updating their programs'. Each software update from the hackers entails COUNTLESS hours of them searching for holes or exploits in the newly patched OS that can be used for our purposes. Thats also why most jailbreaks are completely unique as compared to the ones released before it - they all just LOOK the same. ;)

sebas156

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, for future reference, it's NEVER a good idea to just go and blindly update your OS as soon as Apple releases it. It's a cat and mouse game between Apple and the hackers, and the hackers need some time to find the proper exploits so that they can use it properly and allow us to jailbreak. It's not as easy as simply 'updating their programs'. Each software update from the hackers entails COUNTLESS hours of them searching for holes or exploits in the newly patched OS that can be used for our purposes. Thats also why most jailbreaks are completely unique as compared to the ones released before it - they all just LOOK the same. ;)

I know. But I just had my new iPhone and the synchronising with iTunes wasn't working. So I saw the firmware update as a solution. Well, that was a wrong tought lol

thanks anyway:rolleyes:

balsy_megan

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Did you update your phone to 3.1.3? I think they'll release new app. to unlock 3.1.3 version later. I am also waiting for new updates about this. Sorry just new here. Can't find introduction thread.

balsy_megan

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
There is no unlocking application for version 3.1.3 yet. If you try to downgrade it your totally screwed. There is available jailbreak for 3.1.3 but unlocking it not yet as of now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2