iphone update question

sisco22

Feb 5, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys,
I am new to the iphone and i just picked up a 4month old iphone 3g. I am on version 3.0.1. How can i update to 3.1.2 before i jailbreak/unlock my phone?
Thanks.

sisco22

Feb 5, 2010
Visit site
ok..found a download for it...going to install it shortly.

which is the best program to use to jailbreak and unlock it? blackrain or redsnow?

ElectricDoodie

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
You won't be able to install 3.1.2. I'm having the same problem.

I heard that Apple isn't signing off on anything other than 3.1.3.

I have a 3.1, and downloaded the 3.1.2, but when I tried, and it contacted Apple, it said that mine couldn't do it, and could only update to 3.1.3.

But, if you can, let me know on here, so that I can do whatever you did, on mine.

sisco22

Feb 5, 2010
Visit site
You won't be able to install 3.1.2. I'm having the same problem.

I heard that Apple isn't signing off on anything other than 3.1.3.

I have a 3.1, and downloaded the 3.1.2, but when I tried, and it contacted Apple, it said that mine couldn't do it, and could only update to 3.1.3.

But, if you can, let me know on here, so that I can do whatever you did, on mine.

I actually upgraded mine to 3.1.2 and then installed rain and j/b and unlocked it. If you go out and google iphone firmware 3.1.2 you will find a download for it. I did a restore with it in itunes and selected the file and restored it. Now i have 3.1.2, run Blackrain and install snow/cydia/rock. You'll be running on the new firmware unlocked.

One problem im having and im not sure if it is the software or something else. My iphone is only 4 months old and i took it off charge this morning and have used it a couple of times today. I went to check it for any calls a little bit ago and it wouldn't come on. I had to hold the power and home button for 10 secs to reboot it. Has anyone else had this problem??

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Hey Harley, are you trying to use your iPhone on a different carrier, like T-Mobile instead of AT&T?

If you installed sn0w on your phone, it will give you a confirmation message telling you that it worked. You can insall it by looking for the "blackra1n" app on your iPhone.

ElectricDoodie

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
I actually upgraded mine to 3.1.2 and then installed rain and j/b and unlocked it. If you go out and google iphone firmware 3.1.2 you will find a download for it. I did a restore with it in itunes and selected the file and restored it. Now i have 3.1.2, run Blackrain and install snow/cydia/rock. You'll be running on the new firmware unlocked.

One problem im having and im not sure if it is the software or something else. My iphone is only 4 months old and i took it off charge this morning and have used it a couple of times today. I went to check it for any calls a little bit ago and it wouldn't come on. I had to hold the power and home button for 10 secs to reboot it. Has anyone else had this problem??

Wow. Really?! Were you connected to the Internet? Do you have the latest iTunes or no?

I'm so trying it again when I get home. Thank you for that.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR