Push Notifications NOT working

brother_esau

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
I guess I am looking for a simple answer to this one. Are Push notifications available and working on the 3G S? My phone is NOT hacktivated and locked to ATT - It contains a valid US ATT SIM and was successfully activated in iTunes. I have jailbroken with both redsn0w as well as blackra1n and things look good initially. after about an hour, every app (eBay, HeyWay, etc.) when opened gives me the message "Connect to iTunes to receive Push Notifications". When I restore the phone to stock condition, it's fine. I can only imagine that it's the JB or, perhaps, one of the many packages I have from Cydia - It would take forever to narrow it down I'd suppose.

This sucks because I also bought a lot of the apps from Cydia but do not want to lose the push functionality of the phone in spite of these.

My serial number indicates manufacture in the 40th week - so it's not one of the "newer", MC ones.

Is there a fix for this issue on a JB but LOCKED 3 G S running 3.1.2 FW? Thanks.

brother_esau

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
go steelers! From Pitt here myself. I have searched all over the place and all roads point to fixing Push on a hacktivated phone, which I do not have. I still am unable to locate any guide for a locked att phone that is just jailbroken...

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Push not working is a risk of JB even if it is activated and has a legit SIM. There is something called "push fix" in cydia I believe but doesn't always work.

sargd66

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
My push works fine, no problems. Alot of work but why not restore as new, jailbreak with blackra1n and stop there for a day and see if push works. If so install one thing at a time till you figure out which app may be stopping it. Give each one a few hours or day before you move on to the next. Go Stillers!!

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
I have found that if I change my push settings a simple respringing of the SpringBoard is what "fixes" my notifications.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner