Tethering after JB?

Orion7019

Jan 28, 2010
Visit site
Everything I read said to just enable Bluetooth tethering after JBing, but i don't see the option to. I wanted to use my iPhone for Internet via a Bluetooth connection with my MacBook. I jb with blackra1n and I'm using iPhone 3G 3.1.2. Do I have to unlock it as well? Or use blacksn0w instead?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
You still need to install PdaNet. I don't know if the Mac version supports BT tethering or not - I use a pc.

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
So what is Bluetooth tethering all about? I thought it was to share your phones Internet?

First off, DONT GET PDANET, it sucks. Second Get MyWi from Cydia or ROCK APP. Best Tethering App available.

BT tethering is just like Wifi tethering or USB tethering but just via the bluetooth in the phone and your computer, establish BT connection from your PC's BT and iPhone BT and boom BT Tethering.

To clear things up since you seem confused. Just because you jailbroke doesn't mean tethering magically shows up. You need to install tweaks or apps for that. Once you install MyWi(my advice) tetheirng is instant from there.

Maybe you should learn more about how to tether and what it is before you just go and do it.

Good luck

EDIT: You seem real confused, you should google the process for sure.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
touchmyphone, why do you hate Pdanet? I've used it for years, first on Palm, then on WinMo, and then on my iPhone. I love it. It's dependable and easy.

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
touchmyphone, why do you hate Pdanet? I've used it for years, first on Palm, then on WinMo, and then on my iPhone. I love it. It's dependable and easy.

I found it to be terribly slow. Also, MyWi create's essentially a hot spot so that more than one PC/Tablet/Phone can connect to it. Thats why, basically it feeds my needs better :) hahaha. PDANet is cool, just MyWi works better for my needs :):)

Diff

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
This want causes confusion for me as a newcomer to the idea of jailbreaking a 3gs iPhone. No this application, but this one!

jordanak

Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Better Tethering Solution

If your jailbroken you do not need to use mifi or pdanet or any of the wifi crappy tethering (not to mention paid) apps. Search the web for Att carrier file 6.0 and install it using itunes. you will be able to use the native Bluetooth tethering and usb tethering. have been using it since MMS was released

Diff

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
Hmm...

>> Search the web for Att carrier file 6.0 and install it using itunes.

This is the 1st time I've heard abt this? Want to here feedback from experienced jailbreak folks.

jordanak

Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
again..ive been using it since mms was released .. this was the carrier file i installed to enable mms(+tethering on my phone). i have not had a single issue and it works flawlessly. both through usb and bluetooth. i even have the sbsettings toggle to enable and disable tethering.

Diff

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm still a little confused regading which tethering application to use?

PdaNet or MyWi

What are the pluses/minues of each?

What is preferred and what works best?

~ Thanks ~

harleybabe

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
new

Hiya all I am new to this and wanted to introduce myself and i just went on to jb my phone using the blackrain then to unlock i went to snow but how do i know its unlocked :(

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Diff, try them both. If you prefer MyWi, buy it. Pdanet is free.

harleybabe, if you can put another carrier's sim in your iPhone and make calls, the unlock worked.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox