Can jailbreaking damage my phone

superhoops

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi. I jailbroke my iphone 3gs a couple of months ago and have been very happy with it except that since doing so it switches itself off and then on again in the middle of a phone call. Today it has done this 3 times.

At the weekend I restored the iphone and then rejailbroke it to see if this would correct the problem but has made no difference.

Is it posible that the jailbreak or a jailbreak app is causing this? Or is it likley to be a hardware problem that will mean a visit to the Apple store?

Thanks for any advice

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Did the phone have this problem before you jailbroke? If you don't know, I would restore the phone and NOT jailbreak it. Use the un-jailbroken phone for an extended amount of time. If you are still experiencing the same problem, then it's a hardware issue.

Really the only damage jailbreaking can do is to the file system. And that's if you're generally moving/deleting files or you install some 3rd party software that has some malicious bugs in it.

Last edited:

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
software can not damage hardware.

software can make the phone software turn off, however. a bad antenna or chip could do the same