Why would you NOT want to JB?

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
@flyingember
that goes to what I was saying, if it goes beyond your knowledge don't do it. If you don't instal ssh you don't need to change password.

this comes back to the same problem of knowledge as you say. how many people even will know if they're at risk?

lowridinguy

Sep 19, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, I've only been jailbroken for three weeks or so, but it's hard to imagine going back to stock!

I know what you mean. I was in a store the other day killing time looking at 'stock' iPhones and they seemed like ancient devices compared to my tweaked iPhone. Boring theme, no multitasking, no settings toggles etc.
If apple were to release the new iPhone with all the features that JB phones currently have, people would be screaming with joy and excitement.

DLprac

Jan 21, 2010
Visit site
Considering you have to actually install a SSH program through Cydia or other source before you are vulnerable, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
go to somewhere like walmart and pick 100 people with iphones (assume there's 100 people with iphones there)

> 75% of them will not know what ssh is and > 95% of them will not know how to use their *nix command line

it's a problem because it requires technical knowledge most people don't know

If they don't know what SSH is, I doubt they would install it. Thus, they are safe.

mgregg99

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
I had to return my 3Gs the other day due to a battery issue. Before I had a chance to take the time to jailbreak it I missed the extra apps and the theme I'd been using. Same phone, etc., but just didn't seem "fun" without the extras.

Synthetic#IM

Jan 21, 2010
Visit site
I have the 3GS and thought about JB it but... honestly, the rewards vs. possible issues that could arise has made me decide I will wait until my contract is up and I get a replacement iPhone... then I may play with the 3GS.

I had fun playing around with my Razor when I found some Moto tools pre-iPhone

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
I was just wondering on the people out there who does not want to JB...why not?? I been wondering this since i 1st JB my iPhone a few months back...i couldnt think of a reason why not JB...so i figure, just ask :)

I don't like jailbreaking because I want performance, battery life, security, and well about the performance when I did jailbreak my 3GS I lost speed for launching apps, battery life was horrible, and then I restored as new. I only jailbroke for skype over 3G. I'm sure multitasking will be coming very soon so see ya backgrounder.

lionheartednyhc

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
I could see a bunch of reasons not to. Personally, I would never be able to own a stock iphone because it is completely crippled once you compare it to a JB one.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox