Getting bogus notifications

Tomba

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I have a weird problem - I keep getting bogus notifications on my iPhone.
At first it was with IM+ (the app for messenger, skype, etc.) that kept notifying me of incoming messages from people I don't know (mostly in languages I don't understand) and, obviously, when I ran IM+ I didn't see those messages (since they didn't really go to my accounts). Then, I installed the new Facebook app and set it to notify my of new messages in my inbox and that too started notifying me about comments, wall writings, friend requests, etc. that people I don't know "made on my facebook page", and again, when I ran the app (or went to the page on my PC) none of that was actually there - no comments, not friends requests, etc.

Any ideas? This is driving me crazy!

Don't know if it makes a difference but - iPhone 3G, 3.1.2 Jailbroken using Blackra1n RC3

Thanks

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Not sure but it could be the JB, I have been hearing about a lot of strange problems on JB'd iPhones's

John T

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
It's funny that the majority of of posts such as this one, reporting "bugs", "problems" etc end up to be the result jailbreaking! There must be a moral somewhere! ;)

Tomba

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
It's funny that the majority of of posts such as this one, reporting "bugs", "problems" etc end up to be the result jailbreaking! There must be a moral somewhere! ;)

I think the moral is that if people are willing to deal with that to have it jailbroken, Apple should think about what it means...

drian

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
Yes it was like the same day or day after I got my phone Made me think it was a carrier problem.

But u never know I would try to restore and not jailbreak Nd see if it goes away And if it goes away and u re jailbreak and returns then u know what it is

Last edited:

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I think the moral is that if people are willing to deal with that to have it jailbroken, Apple should think about what it means...

Apple adds increasing barriers so people don't jailbreak. Software can be super picky and someone going in and changing how it works doesn't help.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox