Jailbreak & unlocked - Appstore

sjiphone

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I have jailbreaked and unlocked my iphone. Its on 3.1.2 firmware.
I mostly try applications from cydia. I am very much confused about which application to install or not from which store? A fear to get locked!!!
Like, I liked some applications in Apple store only that was not found in cydia. Now if I install application from app store via itunes then my phone will get locked or not? Also what the best way to install Apple Store application in my jailbreaked & unlocked iphone?
Please guide me in detail so that my fear about getting locked get out of me :(

g1r_g3n1us

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
they install automatically. just press the app store, go to the program you want, press on the price, it will turn into install button press install. it will do the rest..

sjiphone

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Thanks a lot....

Well can I use the itunes & youtube already present in my iphone like this?
Can I transfer my mp3/songs to itunes in my iphone? I hope phone will not gt locked :(

Actually somebody told me not to go online with app store,itune,etc. because I can end up locking my phone.

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Thanks a lot....

Well can I use the itunes & youtube already present in my iphone like this?
Can I transfer my mp3/songs to itunes in my iphone? I hope phone will not gt locked :(

Actually somebody told me not to go online with app store,itune,etc. because I can end up locking my phone.

You can use the App Store/iTunes/YouTube on your iPhone, And yes you can sync music to your iPhone.

sjiphone

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
What to do when an update of a cydia or an app store application update comes?

Shall I update it from phone only or I have to un-install and install the updated version?

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
What to do when an update of a cydia or an app store application update comes?

Shall I update it from phone only or I have to un-install and install the updated version?

You can update apps, If you update your iPhone via iTunes (For Example from 3.1.2 to 4.0) you will have to wait for the update to be unlock and/or unlocked.

HAVOKID

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
No, you don't update the latest firmware version. This is the only thing that can lock you phone. You can use your App Store, Youtube, iTunes, and any app that's on your phone or that you download whether it's from Cydia, Rock, or the App Store, you can use. If you have an update from Cydia, Rock, or the App Store, you can still download it right from your iPhone. You don't need to un-install anything.

The only way you can lock your phone is if you update to your latest firmware on iTunes. As long as you don't do that, your fine. You can still download music and sync it to your iPhone as well as sync Apps, Photos, Videos, etc.

sjiphone

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Thanks a lot for your quick help
Also tell me
how can phone can get lock? What preventive measures I have to keep to enjoy the jailbroken & unlocked iphone?