3GS Died

Jonc

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
Sorry have posted this in help as well it is urgent

I have a four month old UK 3GS 3.1.2 Jail broken with Blackra1n.

All was well until today until I plugged in an external battery pack (Mobile power station). It charged from 50% to 75% then bleeped about five times and the display started flashing. I unplugged the battery pack and the phone died.

Now the phone is dead and nothing is displayed on the screen. I have tried the following without success:

Plugging into the mains

Plugging the battery pack back in

Plugging into PC with itunes running

All of the above with on/off button and home button pressed. (up to 1 min)

Same again with just home button pressed (up to 1 min)

Running/Re installing Blackra1n again

When I plug the cable into pc it does not recognise the iphone and I do not get the ding dong noise.

Any help urgently appreciated as I have booked it into a service centre this Sunday. They are telling me they will probably replace it with a recon model. I would rather repair the one I have as I have taken really good care of it from day one.

John

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like the battery pack fried something, not sure there's much you can do at this point.

I had a similar experience with a 3rd party recharging station and my two Nintendo Wii remotes. The recharging station slowly killed both remotes over a month's time.

Be wary of 3rd party devices that involve power/recharging.....especially if it's from a company you never heard of before.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods