App - Digital Rights Management

mgregg99

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
I have a 32GB 3Gs iPhone running 3.0 OS. I used RedSn0w to jailbreak my phone several months ago and haven't had any issues with running apps purchased from iTunes until now.

I purchased Dragon's Lair yesterday directly from the iPhone. It seemed to download and install without issue. No problems there. When I attempted to play the game I always got kicked back out to an advertisement for the software developers whenever I would complete a scene. There is a back button, which when used takes me back to the game's main menu. I was never able to play the game as intended.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game several times. I've also installed it via iTunes on my PC and then synced it to the iPhone. Same issue every time.

I contacted the developer and provided a video clip showing what was happening. The only suggestion they provided was to try installing it again and if the problem continues to contact Apple to see if the digital rights management on my iPhone is causing the problem.

That's why I'm posting here. Has anyone else ever had a problem due to digital rights management issues? I could only assume that if I do have an issue it's related to the jailbreak. Every other app I've installed works fine so I'm not sold on this solution. Just curious to know if anyone else has any experience with this.

If it is a digital rights management issue, does anyone know if there's a way to check or correct this without having to send the phone in?

Thanks in advance!

Mike

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Why haven't you updated to 3.1.2?

My first steps would be:
- backup jailbreak apps with your choice of solutions
- install 3.1.2
- resync and test Dragon's Lair
- Jailbreak with Blackra1n or Pwnage Tool
- test Dragon's Lair again

mgregg99

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Haven't seen the need to update to 3.12 since it doesn't seem to offer anything that I don't already have. I just don't see the need to screw with something that is working really well. This game is the first issue I've run into.

Mike

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73