Does unlocking rogers to bell work with DATA plan?

Genuine

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
[EVERYTHING HERE IS IN CANADA and im LIVING IN CANADA]

Hello, I am buying a second hand iPhone. It will be either 3G or 3GS (most likely 3GS).

Now, if this is a Rogers iPhone will I be able to unlock it with a PC program and use it with Bell. I understand that Bell has a new type of network (HSPA)? I called them up and they said that I would be able to use a "grey listed" iphone that is unlocked with their SIM cards VOICE & TEXT only, however I wont be able to use any Data Plan. (He couldnt totally confirm that I would not be able to get a data plan 100%). He also told me that a Rogers phone, or a non-Bell phone is not equipped with the technology required to use their data network. I am asking you people, with experience, if there is any way I can get it working with a data plan (internet).

On the second hand, would I be able to register it with a Rogers Pay-as-you-Go plan and use their data add-on / plans?

Please reply ASAP!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Well I can't answer you for sure, I think you might want to be a guinea pig and let us know for future users. However on my 3G that is on Fido and JB I don't have a data plan. When I go into SBSettings and turn off the Edge and 3G networks the button to turn off the 3G says HSPA. This may not mean anything at all and like I said you would be a guinea pig. Unless someone has done what you're asking I don't think anyone will be able to answer. I've wondered the same thing so if you try it let us know. As long as Rogers allows pay as you go with data plans I don't see why it wouldn't work if it is a Rogers phone? I have a Fido phone that I bought used online and I don't have a data plan or a contract. If I wanted to add a data plan I would just add it to my existing phone plan.

francolasalsa#IM

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
[EVERYTHING HERE IS IN CANADA and im LIVING IN CANADA]

Hello, I am buying a second hand iPhone. It will be either 3G or 3GS (most likely 3GS).

Now, if this is a Rogers iPhone will I be able to unlock it with a PC program and use it with Bell. I understand that Bell has a new type of network (HSPA)? I called them up and they said that I would be able to use a "grey listed" iphone that is unlocked with their SIM cards VOICE & TEXT only, however I wont be able to use any Data Plan. (He couldnt totally confirm that I would not be able to get a data plan 100%). He also told me that a Rogers phone, or a non-Bell phone is not equipped with the technology required to use their data network. I am asking you people, with experience, if there is any way I can get it working with a data plan (internet).

On the second hand, would I be able to register it with a Rogers Pay-as-you-Go plan and use their data add-on / plans?

Please reply ASAP!

I am on telus , bell and telus built the new network together . I can tell you that an iphone 3G or 3Gs will work because they both have the 2100mhz band. The 2100mhz band is what you need to get data. The 10 dollar an hour rep is trying to sell you However if you are due for an upgrade I do recommend you buy it offbell vs kijiji or craigslist or whatever because you get a guarantee and they can replace your phone if it's defictive. Not to mention it will cost you less to get the phone !

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73