Steps to insure my iPhone is safe after jailbreak :)

steve123411

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Hey guys, just had to do a restore on my phone because I was getting errors from Cydia and couldn't figure out how the hell to fix them. I've downloaded Cyida again and when it promoted me I did the Full Upgrade.

Is there anything I need to change (passwords)? Or can I starting playing around and not have to worry about anything unless I download SSH? Sorry for the noob questions but it's hard to find answers in the search section..

Must say I loved all the different themes, when I had my jailbreak for a short time :p

chrstphr.ross

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I'd make sure to change your SSH passwords on both the Mobile and Root folder...

1: Download the program called Terminal
2: Open terminal
3: You should be on a line that says "iphone name :~ mobile$" > Type 'passwd' (ignore all quotations).
4: The current password is 'alpine' > then enter and confirm your new password. It won't show anything you're typing, so just be sure of yourself.
5: Next you wanna change your 'root' password.
6: Type in 'login root' > type the password "alpine"
7: You should now be on 'iphone name :~ root#' > Type 'passwd' and follow step 4 again...

Other things to keep you safe would be to keep your wireless and SSH turned off in public places, unless you have a secure connection that only you and trusted people can get into and don't download anything that seems sketchy. Most of what I've downloaded on Cydia and Rock though have never given me any issues, unless there was a bug >.<...also, i'd recommend staying away from the whole piracy and broken apps scene. that's just bad news.

sargd66

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
Hey guys, just had to do a restore on my phone because I was getting errors from Cydia and couldn't figure out how the hell to fix them. I've downloaded Cyida again and when it promoted me I did the Full Upgrade.

Is there anything I need to change (passwords)? Or can I starting playing around and not have to worry about anything unless I download SSH? Sorry for the noob questions but it's hard to find answers in the search section..

Must say I loved all the different themes, when I had my jailbreak for a short time :p

Use this it's really easy to follow thanks to Shutter

http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/ipho...ng-your-root-mobile-password-your-iphone.html

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Yeah if you don't have SSH you don't really need to change the password but it's so easy and quick why not do it. You'll get the experience that you can help someone else that asks some day and if you ever do decide to do SSH you wont have to worry about changing it then. Just be sure to remember what you change the password too since you wont be using it constantly it will be very easy to forget.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2