cydia download source ??

jono400

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
Can I install cydia without having to run a jailbreak software such as blackra1n etc ?? have an older version off cydia which is showing a few problems such as error refreshing data port 1 / port 2 etc, would like to uninstall this older version and put a new version off it on. have seen videos on youtube off how to uninstall cydia via your pc without totally resorting to resetting your phone etc but as I say just need to know I can reinstall cydia okay without it being part off a new jailbreak package ??

iphone is a 2g model

thanks guys.

BENGRIMM

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
The older version of Cydia should so an update automatically, how old is your version ? What type of phone and Firmware are you using ?

jono400

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
Okay thanks for your reply no as I say the version off cydia that is installed on the 2g iphone is playing up when trying to refresh - getting error message no data 1 / no data 2 etc, have heard off other cydia users having the exact same problem, also watched youtube videoes off the excat same thing but as yet not found why it should do this ??

obviously require a full working cydia to also add hackus line to get my apps etc on the iphone, thought about doing a full restore but would just remove cydia and re install if I knew this could be done.

daniapes

Jul 20, 2009
Visit site
this is the easiest solution i found for the problem and it only takes 10 seconds :D

1) SSH into your device.
2) Navigate to the /etc/apt/ folder.
3) Backup the cydia.list OR sources.list.d file.
4) Edit the cydia.list OR sources.list.d file with a text editor and remove the entry related to the problematic source.
5) Reboot.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods