Questions about Rock and Cydia.....

zayragiselle

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
i have both in my iphone but i have a question.....

rock and cydia...do they have the same repos???

why when i open rock and check the what's new section it just shows me a portion of what is new in cydia....

just wondering if i need to do something on rock so i can have everything....

ps...

doing a search in rock most of the time it doesn't have the same results as in cydia...

pps...

have the same repos installed in rock..so i don't know why i have this problem...

thanks

bpate77

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I tried Rock and after using it for a day or two I didn't like it as much as Cydia. I honestly can't remember why because it was a few months back but I didn't care for it.

chrstphr.ross

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I believe they use some of the same repo's, but a lot of developers haven't given permission to Rock yet...mainly a lot of the paid apps.

In my opinion though, Rock is faster, easier to handle, and the backup/recovery tool alone is priceless

zayragiselle

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
I believe they use some of the same repo's, but a lot of developers haven't given permission to Rock yet...mainly a lot of the paid apps.

In my opinion though, Rock is faster, easier to handle, and the backup/recovery tool alone is priceless

i agree with you on that...but it doesnt give me the whole options cydia does...

hopefully rock will "fix" it soon....and then we can see everything we do on cydia ;)

sommerface

Jan 10, 2009
www.thevoiceof3.com
I like Rock because of the reasons stated above. I use Cydia when I can't find what I want in Rock. I'm just impatient, so Cydia's load times annoys me.

BENGRIMM

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Rock and Cydia use the same repo's , they are pretty much the same . The only thing I have noticed is if you use Intelliscreen it's easier to use ROCK .

Just my .02 $

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2