ANY soulution for Jailbreak of NEW 3GS without Tethered JB?

Dealwagon

May 7, 2009
Visit site
So, I traded in my 2g for a 3gs. It is a very new one with 943 as the determining digits in the serial. I used blackra1n to JB, but it is a tethered JB, and some apps (upon install) hard reset your phone requiring a rerain to boot.. Does quickpwn have a solution for the JB that doesnt require this?

darksniper404

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
No the new bootrom is not cracked yet. Is it really a big deal? Sorry if I sound rude I'm just wondering because I wouldn't mind muh only a couple of apps make you reboot and a reboot is only like 40 seconds with blackrain.

zayragiselle

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
sorry for the question too....but if you download an app that requires a reboot then you do the jailbreak again and AGAIN you download the same app and isn't it like a cycle??? you will never get the app you want anyways.....

sorry if i don't make sense it's too early for me....

lowridinguy

Sep 19, 2009
Visit site
Initially I was thinking the same thing as you angelgirl, but when you re-run blackra1n it leaves your phone the way it was prior, meaning the new app should be installed. I am not certain on this (I have an older 3gs) but I do know for a fact that when you run blackra1n it does not delete any of your apps. I think you should be fine.

xsparky

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
Hi there,
I have the newer Iphone too. I happen to be away from charging my phone leaving my battery dead. Upon charging, I could not use my phone once charged until I came back to my computer and ran Blackrain. So don't power down completely or reboot if possible.

I guess we will have to be patient until a fix comes out for the new bootrom phones.

zayragiselle

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
im gonna buy the 3gs in december and i am afraid bc sometimes when the iphone starts acting up i feel the need to do a reboot...so i guess i will have to stop doing it unless i'm near my pc...

question....if im not near a pc and my phone turns off....am i still going to be able to use it non-jailbreak or is it going to be on restore mode?

darksniper404

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
If your iPhone has the new bootrom found in the iPod Touch 3rd gen and iPhone 3gs and you reboot your screen will show cennect to iTunes. To get past this screen and boot up with everything saved connect to a computer and run the BlackRa1n application. So yes if you are not near your PC and it reboots you'll have to go find a computer download BlackRa1n and plug it in.

white573

Sep 7, 2009
Visit site
so i tried to jb my budies 3gs it was made n week 41 i ran rc3 then it went to connect to itunes and i just restored it becuase it kinda weirded me out ive had good luck and badluck w jb n the past but when it say for tethered re jb is that what it means after that screen run rc3 again

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods