Jailbreak and Boingo

cw78

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Since my jailbreak, Boingo will not let me access wifi. I get a message telling me that my username or password is incorrect, which it is not. Sometimes I get a message indicating that a Boingo for laptop will not work on a mobile device. I only have Boingo for a mobile device at $7.95 a month.

I've jailbroken, unlocked, and enabled tethering. I travel, and have been out of 3g coverage and needed to use Boingo.

Any ideas on why this does not work on jailbroken iphone?

masterkjn

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
Did you jailbroke and unlocked with blackra1n/blacksn0w? If so then it is a known issue about wifi not working in some cases after that. You can try resetting network settings - it seemed to help some people. Or you can restore and try rejailbreaking. Other then that there is nothing you can do, noone knows the answer to whats causing the wifi issues.

mcdan333#AC

Jul 30, 2008
Visit site
Are you using PdaNet to tether? I had a problem a while back with PdaNet interefering with WiFi access in some apps but not others, even when I was not actively tethering. Go into the PdaNet and make sure the router function is turned off, then retry your failing apps. Or remove PdaNet completely and see if that fixes the problem.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox